Engine Running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cretosx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Well, my engine runs for around 10-15 minutes ( 3 quaters of the tank ) and then it'll randomly stall, so i'm wondering if this is normal? and then it'll take 3-5 minutes to start again, whilst it's running it runs flawlessly, its not overheating ( never above 240 C ) This is the HPI G3 engine.

Sorry am a noob,

What vehicle are you running it in?

Hpi MT2, it's quite old but in great condition also the engine is only around 2 months old,

Maybe an airleak?
I don't think so, otherwise it wouldn't happen after such a long period of running surely? i have inspected it, but yeah i'm really not sure should i just replace the engine?

Have you sealed the engine? You should also check the tank for an air leak.

Have you sealed the engine? You should also check the tank for an air leak.

Doesn't seem to be an airleak in the tank, although the lid doesn't seem to crack on as well as it probably should, no the engine isn't sealed.

Stop assuming and start testing.. Its the only way forward.

Agreed...those are also symptoms of a worn/damaged p/s

Stop assuming and start testing.. Its the only way forward.
I did test for the air leak? what is that supposed to mean, replaced the fuel tank with a spare.

Agreed...those are also symptoms of a worn/damaged p/s
Ah, if that's the case i'll probably just buy a new car or an engine, thanks for responses. Figured it would be something like that.

It may be an air leak, but its almost certain that the idles to low, and its running too rich- so eventually it'll bog down :)

Back