engine running hot, need help with needles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

street silence

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here again so i got my rc and my cousin screwed with the hole high speed needle and the idle. My hand book doesn't tell me how to go back to factory. When he did that i took it to see if they would help me on that but they didn't, once i got it running because it would turn on and off so i got it running one day, in less then 5 my nitro went to waste and i moved the idle and the high speed needle and it worked fine until i checked the engine it was super hot now idk how to fix it and i don't want to screw with it any more

You high speed needle (HSN), and your low speed needle (LSN) work like water faucets, what I mean is turning them right will lean them out like if you were to start to shut off the water in you bathroom sink.

Turning right = leaner
Turning left = richer

Since your settings got changed I'd return them to factory positions and start the tunings steps again.

Thanks. It doesn't tell me how to change it back to factory

Sorry! I dozed off watchin netflix.

Most of the time you will loosen the needle/s until the face of the needle is fluch with the carb housing.

Ok i get it now tonight I'm going to try and tune it

---------- Post added at 7:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:18 PM ----------

Thank you man

Thanks man

Last edited:
Letting us know exactly which engine you have might help

Its a ST18-S engine

So right now i was trying to get the tuning right and i couldn't i wasted 3 tanks with out getting it right -.-

Back