engine question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now I feel like an idiot... My bad, not sure how I misread that. I'm very familar with both of those engines. I still run a 427 on one of my kits as well as one 454. Sorry for the confusion, must have started drinking to early today 🥴🥴🥴
Haha all good brother thankyou again for chiming in its much appreciated

It's all right. I am used to you "car" people. You are still better than dealing with fish people.

I've herd Lizard people were a thing cause by 5 G and genetics..lol

Makes sense maybe it was bdc that I read.
Yeah man you definitely want to cool engine at BDC... or your really going to be bummed.... and won't have a engine for the boat. And will need to buy new one.. the manual does say 2.5 turns out but this is very crucial time for the engine..the break in...gotnto be careful..didnt say anything about 4 turns out...if you turned it a bunch of time out.. like PIPE said it way out and will be hard... I would start completely over from the needles closed.. and when cooling always BDC.. even after running the engine for the day or week BDC always..... here's the losi manual.. just in case... if you want to go to rich side I would say 3 turns out... that would be cool to see the watercooling on a regular RC nitro engine... hope it all works out for you man👍👍 good luck and be patience...
These are both from losi racing bud

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/5mmhLhplRx5c

"Team Losi Racing" http://www.tlracing.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1638

Last edited:
the guy who sold me the engine also included a manual for it thankfully. even has part numbers which are probably no good anymore as this engine is completely discontinued. gonna get some after run oil today and see if i can get rid of the tight spot then ill fire it up again. thanks again everyone for your assistance!

the guy who sold me the engine also included a manual for it thankfully. even has part numbers which are probably no good anymore as this engine is completely discontinued. gonna get some after run oil today and see if i can get rid of the tight spot then ill fire it up again. thanks again everyone for your assistance!
No worries you welcome bud..👍👍
What tight spot are you talking about??. The one in in the piston and sleeve...its called the pinch and should be there that's why you have to do the break in process
The tight spot is what lets it break in. It is supposed to be there. Heating the head will make it go away.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 well you beat me to it today bud
Your fuel should have oil in it.. really don't need after run oil.. Unless your not going to use the RC for a while.. let's say more then a few months...

Back