Engine primes only when blow through fuel tubing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hello. I have recently purchased a Thunder Tiger Ek4. However it does not prime when I plug the exhaust, open throttle and give it a few turns with the drill. And by a few turns I mean a lot. But when I blow through the fuel tubing it goes in no problem. This is causing me to not be able to start it. It is the .70 H TT engine, hope that helps. Thanks.

By the way I have done a full carb rebuild. Nothing seems gunked up or anything and it in very good condition. O rings are good as well. Also if anyone knows how to tune a Thunder tiger .70 engine please help as I don't know which screw is for what.

When you said you rebuild the carb, did you clean the inside fuel nipple and the inside of the needle stem, also when you put it back, try to align the nipple and the hole in the stem. Normally, it is not a problem, but sometimes they don't align in the center and press against the stem and caused the blockage.

sound like the gas tank seal is bad.. maybe exhaust is clogged up if you have them id run some pipe cleaners thru exhaust and change fuel tank seal

sound like the gas tank seal is bad.. maybe exhaust is clogged up if you have them id run some pipe cleaners thru exhaust and change fuel tank seal
If you can blow the tube connected to the exhaust pipe and the fuel is going in, then you don't have a leak there.

Hello. I have recently purchased a Thunder Tiger Ek4. However it does not prime when I plug the exhaust, open throttle and give it a few turns with the drill. And by a few turns I mean a lot. But when I blow through the fuel tubing it goes in no problem. This is causing me to not be able to start it. It is the .70 H TT engine, hope that helps. Thanks.

If the engine has sat for a long time ,chances are that the seals in the carb are dried up ,sucking more air than fuel ,that will cause
the carb to not drawl the fuel an maintain the syphon!

Back