Engine keeps going dead. Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACHAMO

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have a Traxxas Ruslter. It is a pull start. whenever I put the glow plug starter on and start it up. It runs great. But whenever I take the starter off it goes dead. Does anyone know anything? I would help alot.:(

Yes

before I tried to start it I checked and made sure that the glow plug was good.

---------- Post added at 9:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:11 AM ----------

And not even 30 minutes before these problems started I was driving it around fine.

glow plugs can be bad even if they light up when on the ignitor ...they have a platinum coating on the filament that reacts with the alcohol in the fuel which helps keep the plug glowing ...if the platinum is gone , it wont keep the engine running

So if a get a new glow plug it might help?

So if a get a new glow plug it might help?

it wont hurt to try ..I've had it happen to me before ....and always keep a few spare plugs handy ...you never know when they will go bad on you...if i have less than 5 spare plugs , i consider myself out of plugs and i get some more ..i get them in bulk ...its cheaper that way

I might just do that so that I never run out thanx.

Definitely sounds like a glow plug issue. I always have a few in my parts box, they can and do fail in an instant.

Yea that wouldnt be good. And I'm thinking about entering a tournament soon so I've got to get them and be practicing.