engine keeps cutting out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satnav16

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi can anyone help my car keeps cutting out after i take out the glow plug even when i runs when i go to start with the control it cuts out any ideas pls

hi can anyone help my car keeps cutting out after i take out the glow plug even when i runs when i go to start with the control it cuts out any ideas pls

Its hard to determine whats going on with an engine with out any back ground history of it!
If the car is fairly new,then it may just needs to be tuned,therefore the carb HSN screw needs
to be leaned some.
Start with a 1/4 turn clockwise to start with ,if it runs better ,then that would be your problem!

I have just had it serviced when I got it home it stopped keeping its charge. Think it could be the glow plug

I have just had it serviced when I got it home it stopped keeping its charge. Think it could be the glow plug

Yea ,acouple of things may cause that as like fowl plug,flooding engine,lean engine or
improper tune.
Its good to always have a spare glo-plug!

First check the glow plug, then that fuel is getting to the engine, but first try increasing the idle.

the guy in the shop says its been very well tuned and was working in his shop he says it could be the glow plug so i will change that tomorrow and hope that helps

Yea ,sometimes it hard to isolate problems with out knowing any history ,Its good that the shop has
did the tuning ,but in one sense,not when the owner doesn't know whats going on.

Also ,I may add is the weather ,sometimes the cold will effect these engines from summer
to winter.
A vid helps out!

Hi guys I replaced the glow plug and still no joy. It's runs whilst the glow starter is in once that comes off it cuts out I am now thinking it's the engine

Hi guys I replaced the glow plug and still no joy. It's runs whilst the glow starter is in once that comes off it cuts out I am now thinking it's the engine
Try raising the idle and preheating the engine. Also return all needles so that they are flush.

A major cause of shutting off after removing the igniter is a LSN that's too rich. Start with a warm engine and lean the LSN a little at a time while blipping the throttle. You'll probably have to lower the idle screw at the same time. When you're getting a good crisp response on the throttle blips try removing the igniter. If it seems to have improved you know you're getting close to solving the issue.
When it idles without the igniter tune the LSN and idle screw for best performance. You usually don't have to adjust that again but you'll have to adjust the HSN on a regular basis for outside temp and humidity.

its in the work shop now as its still not bloody working fingers crossed

Did you try increasing the idle and returning all needles flush?
The guy at the shop did all that and still no joy hopefully it will ok once he's finished with it