Engine Bay twisted, Who else has it ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadKawi650

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is it a common thing to have your engine look crooked in the frame ? I'm not talking about the slant... I mean the bent forward look... The look that would make me thing the frame is bending in half...

What have people done to stop this and or fix it? Is there a brace I can get?

do you have the 2.5r or 3.3... It unfortunatly is farly common. The 3.3 chassis has a brace though

I'm working on a similar problem with my 3.3. Ill be tearing into it this week so Ill share what I figure out. I thought I was the only one.

It's a 3.3

I'm not tearing up spur gears yet, but It just looks like the CB and spur aren't running straight with each other. AND, with the 38T spur and Stock 15T CB I have to crank it all the way to the top to get the proper gear mesh. I don't think I could run a 14T CB, it wouldn't go tight enough.

I have never jumped the truck higher than about 2 feet, and never landed on the engine after a jump... Just many roll overs in turns. Would the Wing still help ?

I think the wing would still help, it might even help a little with the roll overs.....not as much as a sway bar kit, but it will definitely help with protecting the engine and body (a little) during any 'lid-time'.

I got the day off today so I tore into the Revo this morning. My chasis is too twisted for any kindof a quick fix. Looks like Ill be starting this project early. Sorry I couldnt be of any assistance.

the wing will help when its on its belly, but the sway bar will keep you from flipping over.

you can get the platinum revo sway bar setup for cheap of ebay, and try tightning the shocks up a little or put thicker oil I'm them.

That's the primary reason I got rid of my revo. Got tired of the engine bay getting tweaked all the time. Mine would bend from landing hard on all 4 wheels off big jumps.

Is there any way to just "Tweak" it back to normal ?

I'm not able to put out loads of money for ney chassis, as this used revo has cost me more than a new one and its still not right.

3.3 chassis's go cheap on E-Bay. if you follow the rest of my advice about the wing and
leave the roll bar in place and tightened properly it will hold up fine.
I ran mine for 8 gallons no problem, and trust me I had my share of upside down landings at 20-30 mph!
One more thing I noticed... I ran the proline desert rat body. It also helped shield the engine and refused to tear up. The stock Traxxas bodies are worthless.
i ran that desert rat body for 3 gallons on a Muggy, and about 6 gallons on the Revo. It still does not even have a crack. It never saw any pavement or concrete though. My advice is keep a monster of the street. The street will always win.

Here you go. A + seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-REVO-3-...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

You can bend it back and if you don't have the engine bay brace, I'd get one. They are cheap and do help regardless if your running a 3.3 or not.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHV3&P=7

Mine wasn't ever bent from the engine making contact with the ground. I had a homemade rollbar that helped protect against that. Mine would bend down when the truck would land hard off of big jumps.

My Revo had the same problem its from landing on the motor it had a big block in it:first_place::D:p: and all it did was wheelies and flip over like someone else said the wing helps alot or a wheelie bar too
Thanks

I have the engine brace, and I'm not chewing up spur gears, but they get worn a bit funny, And you can see the misalignment if the Tranny shaft and the Crank shaft. They don't run parrallel.

Santa is bringin me a wing for Christmas, so this might stop further bending.

Yup....happened to me too. I kept breaking engine mounts as well. Mostly my fault.....it like to imitate my dog with the roll over and play dead trick....sigh. Every model I have ever seen has its weak point and you have found the Revo's.

Theres quite a few chasiss on ebay for under $20. I just got one for $15.50.

Funny you should say $15.50... I am 36 minutes away from winning a bid for a Chassis. the price right now... $15.50 + shipping ($8.00)

I guess thats about half what I would pay at the LHS here in Nova Scotia.

The cheapest I could find them was $45 anywhere else. I just started switching everything over yesterday. Pretty painless but I decided to go ahead and put another motor mount on so now I'm waiting again. Hopefully this weekend I'll have her up and running.

STUPID Ebay !!!!! I was winning right up untill 4 seconds,,, thats right 4 SECONDS and then "blip"... "You have been out bid"... I was screaming... How does someone get in there with only 4 seconds left to go ??

Guess I will have to look for another.

I had the same thing happen witth a servo the other day. Better luck on the next one.

Back