Emaxx servo clicks rapidly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osuui

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Ok Hi so I got a emaxx and when is i cleaning and putting wd40 on the suspension and turned on the car it starting making rapid clicking sounds when I turn to the left what is the issue? Thank you

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It is difficult to tell from the photos what the problem is: is it the servo clicking or is it a noise from some part bumping into something... I don't know, it could also be a blown tooth of a servo gear. For the servos you should disassemble them and test them with special tools (sevo tester) i found out some time ago that i had a defective servo (sprocket gapped in one part) using Hitec's sevo tester. then maybe i am wrong and the problem is elsewhere...

Possibly busted gears... You should disconnect the servos (mechanically) and try holding the horn on each servo with your hand, turn the wheel on your controller and see if they work ok.

You might need to readjust your steering center and then limit the servo. As Nitro said it is hard to tell from photos. Video would be better.
Look up some videos on YT on how to tune or adjust your steering.

It is difficult to tell from the photos what the problem is: is it the servo clicking or is it a noise from some part bumping into something... I don't know, it could also be a blown tooth of a servo gear. For the servos you should disassemble them and test them with special tools (sevo tester) i found out some time ago that i had a defective servo (sprocket gapped in one part) using Hitec's sevo tester. then maybe i am wrong and the problem is elsewhere...
I just inspected it more and it turns out one of the servo arms are hitting the bottoms plate. And the servo clicks fast when I just connect it to the battery and then stops.

remove that left side servo and horn clean it properly not just spray it with wd.. take a soft tooth brush to clean.

I just inspected it more and it turns out one of the servo arms are hitting the bottoms plate. And the servo clicks fast when I just connect it to the battery and then stops.
I see, try to disassemble it all clean and reassemble trying to solve the problem--good job!:thumbs-up: