electric motor help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_doug_x

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
someone that has been in the hobby for a while, question for you?

if a motor is made by a company and that company names that motor will they produce a motor with the same name by the same company with diffrent windings or will they name it something else?

i just baught a speed gems 12 turn modified double wind motor from the hobby store and i'm still not impressed, i had a kyosho 17 turn tripple in a monster truck about 8 years ago and it ran better than this does can someone give me information on timing a electricmotor, can you time them to be more powerful, what exactly does timing do? found the timing sticky and read it, but i dunno if i wanna advance for higher rpm i want it fast, but i want torque too, i was hoping this thing would be powerfull enough to lift the front tires off the ground.

Last edited:
heres pictures if anyone wants to see them.
evader st, bearings installed in transmission and rear bearing carriers, speed gems 12 turn double wind motor, rpm bully rear wheels, with proline tires, and novak duster 2 esc.

Picture001-3.gif

Picture002-1.gif

Picture003-1.gif

Picture004-3.gif

Picture005-3.gif

gotta order the bully rims for front, todays my b day and i got a 100 gift card for the hobby store as a pressent.

ordered the hpi brushelss 5700kv setup today, i got a 100 gift card from hobby store for my b day..

To see any power out of that 12T you have to use a smaller pinion gear. Also some good batteries would make a WORLD of difference.

To see any power out of that 12T you have to use a smaller pinion gear. Also some good batteries would make a WORLD of difference.

i put a 4 tooth smaller pinion in today maybe 5 tooth, it still doesn't run like i want it too can someone tell me why?

what are the 12 turn doubles for?

Back