electric heli

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_BEAR

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does any one have any experience with one? I was looking to get one. How long are the run times? DO they have any trick electric helis?

I have 2 of them.
Yes there are "trick" electric units.

I have an EF Shogun that will fly upside down do hammerheads or anything else the pilot is capable of making it do. I also have a Hirobo that I am able to fly. If your new to Helicopters, re-read the first couple of sentences.

Using Li-Pos I get a good 15 minutes or more from each one. Helicopters are the single most difficult RC to operate. If you think your going to just pickup the radio and do anything more then crash, think again. It will take a large amount of stick time just to hover, then 4-5 times that amount to do a controlled hover. From there you can learn to fly. If your going to get one make sure you LHS has parts for it and plenty of them.

You may want to get an inexpensive one to try out. Search on posts from 4u2nv. He got a great little unit as a X-Mass gift.

Mine's back in the box for awhile. I got to the stage I could hover, and move forward with some control, but I could never rotate or turn while mving forward. This is after about 15, 3 hour trips to a parking structure where I would have no breeze and I would have plenty of room. (use an office building on a Sunday; no one is around)

i've been playing around with the e-flite helis, the blade cx and blade cp. the cx is ridculously easy to fly and i can't get the cp off the ground hardly. i don't think the cx is very good training cause its too easy. fools you into thinking you're ready for the real thing. i'm not, that's for sure. hey eddy, maybe you can give me some advice!

hehe I'm sure a heli would be very hard to fly. I just don't want to get a heli that would put me to sleep quickly. What would you guys consider to be the best rtf electric heli out there for an intermeidtae or advanced person?

Those flight times seem kinda short =/

T_BEAR said:
I just don't want to get a heli that would put me to sleep quickly.

Dude, if your new to heli's the last think your going to be doing is slepping when ur flying!!!!!

Go to Realflight.com or something like that look for the G3 simulator demo!!!
they give you a plane and a heli, ur gonna have to use the keyboard...and thats not close to the real deal at all but you can give it a try and see if its something you really want to get into!!!

i bet you have a really hard time getting it to fly...i did when i first started!!!

secondly: DO NOT GET A 3D Heli if you never had a heli to begin with!!!!

That baby will go down faster than the time it took to assemble it RTF outta the box...

Bottom Line IMO: Get the free simulator. try it. get Century Hummingbird or Venom outback or venom night ranger II crash that about 50 times and get another one so on so fourth!!!

hope this helps!!!

i can try to answer any questions you may have!!

joe

Just got a new heli 2 days ago!!

DSCN1276.gif

DSCN1278.jpg

DSCN1280.jpg

i love it!!!