Electric cars are taking over !!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw battery power. It's heavy, take too long to charge and has limited range. Even in something like a Tesla roadster it's still not gonna beat gasoline cars in a race, purely because what it gains in acceleration and torque is lost in excess weight and harm to the handling characteristics. It was just a step along a longer road.

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Hydrogen fuel cells are the future. Not only will they create cars that don't pollute (save for the Hydrogen separation process, which probably only uses as much energy as oil extraction, transportation and refinery anyway), but it's more practical, can sit on a forecourt alongside normal gasoline, and it also means that we won't run out of Gasoline and Diesel for older cars too. These cars are available and with the public in California and a number of Shell stations already carry the Hydrogen gas at pumps.

I guess the work everyone's done on improving electric and hybrid technology isn't lost, after all Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars still run on electric motors, so it's using half the technology, just replacing the crappy bit with something more practical. I believe the Clarity also has a reserve Li-Ion battery the same way as a hybrid to recover energy from braking.

Meanwhile I'm sticking to my gasoline car that I can actually get stuff in the trunk of.

Last edited:
Screw the planet, imma keep driving my diesel with a stage 3 chip smoking that pretty black smoke out the rear every time i throw the throttle down. Were screwed after today anyway. :)

Screw the planet, imma keep driving my diesel with a stage 3 chip smoking that pretty black smoke out the rear every time i throw the throttle down. Were screwed after today anyway. :)

lol i see this goin to the free for all soon

watch out for the broke track up ahead

That was weird to watch the bike smoke the back tire with very little noise, not used to seeing that without an engine roaring along with it. Pretty sweet bike though.

Back