Eflite Edge 540QQ 280

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I decided to jump in head first and go full 3D. I'll try to have someone video the maiden flight because It should be interesting! For those that don't know this plane potential heres a quick look

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-yatMUJfY"]Edge 540QQ 280 BNF Basic by E-flite - YouTube[/ame]

Edge540QQ.gif

Last edited:
Low rates, low rates, low rates!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I think you'll love it, my buddy is just starting with planes and he's having a blast with his.

Low rates, low rates, low rates!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I think you'll love it, my buddy is just starting with planes and he's having a blast with his.

I will start with very low rates for sure, if I can cruise around for a few minutes and land ill consider it a win.

Have fun and watch out for those pesky walking trees. Broke a wing on my UM T-28D when the tree jumped out and grabbed it.

We finally have good flying weather so I flew it for the first time this afternoon, no one was here to video. I got it trimmed and flying great until I tried to land, I have to come in over my shed to land on my driveway. I came in about an inch too low over the shed and the landing gear hit and she did a hard nose dive into the concrete, it pushed the battery into the motor mount and broke it. I'm pretty sure I can glue it back together, if not I'll have to buy a new fuselage.

Got it back together and flew it again today with several good landings, this is a killer plane!

Sounds like you had fun. That's the main thing. Looking at upgrading the UM T-28D to brushless. i found all the parts and now just need my LHS to order them for me. (Shameless support your LHS plug.)

Some pics from yesterday. The VisionAire is a great plane, I flew it for a few minutes then put it nose first into the concrete...Luckily nothing broke.

gathering.gif

visionair.gif

Another beautiful plane was an LR-1A POGO witch is a pylon racer, the thing is crazy fast with speeds over 100 mph, you could hear what sounded like air cavitation when it banks hard! He had a rough go with this one, first attempt at take off resulted in a broken prop and dented wing (see pic) After several successful high speed runs the landing was a little scarey an over correction was made and a new plane was folded in half....Balsa sure is pretty but not very strong.

pogo.gif

Last edited:
Looking at upgrading the UM T-28D to brushless. i found all the parts

Your gonna have to post a how to thread with part numbers! My um T-28 needs a new rudder and elevator (big hands fragile plane) but I would love to make it brushless!

Here's what I've got Planned:

EFLU4864 DSM2 6 Ch Ultra Micro AS3X Receiver BL ESC

EFLUM180BL2 BL180 Brushless Outrunner Motor, 2500Kv

EFLUP050275 5x2.75 Electric Propeller UMX Beast

EFLU4067 Prop Adapter UMX Beast

EFLU4851 Spinner UMX Beast 3D

EFLB1202S20 120mAh 2S 7.4V 20C Li-Po, 26AWG

PKZ1039 Hook and Loop Set (5): Ultra Micros

The ESC/Motor combo is from the UMX Beast and includes servos like the board the UMX T-28D. The prop, prop adapter and spinner secure the prop to the outrunner brushless motor. The battery is an upgrade because the motor is a direct drive and needs more volts for the proper RPM to go airborne. The Hook and Loop set is to secure the battery as before in the fuselage.

Glad to hear your enjoying the flying SMaxxin. For me flying kind of ruined ground RC stuff somewhat, as I don't even have to follow the terrain, I can make my own course. I'm still gonna do a plane at some point, helis are just so convenient though, I can fly the smaller ones without leaving home.

I can fly the smaller ones without leaving home.

Thats what so great about the size of this one, I stand in my driveway and fly it! My wife took a short video of me flying it earlier but I'm having trouble getting it to load.

---------- Post added at 6:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:32 PM ----------

Here's what I've got Planned:

EFLU4864 DSM2 6 Ch Ultra Micro AS3X Receiver BL ESC

EFLUM180BL2 BL180 Brushless Outrunner Motor, 2500Kv

EFLUP050275 5x2.75 Electric Propeller UMX Beast

EFLU4067 Prop Adapter UMX Beast

EFLU4851 Spinner UMX Beast 3D

EFLB1202S20 120mAh 2S 7.4V 20C Li-Po, 26AWG

PKZ1039 Hook and Loop Set (5): Ultra Micros

Thats going to be one expensive UM!

I didn't say it was cheap. It's one of those things like Rolex blinging put his Savage. The only Difference is that I plan to actually fly it. I'll probably put it on the back burner and get a UMX Carbon Cub SS first to have something to fly until I can get the build done. I'll probably do a thread on it when I do get the build started.

I saw a Cub SS fly, those things are sweet!

I finally got the video uploaded, it's crappy but it shows that I can take off and crash land.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDuC2o0YsiI"]YouTube[/ame]

I have been itching to try this thing on high rates so today I climbed about as high as I could see and hit the switch, it is insane! It rolls and flips so fast my eyes can't keep up with it and it, I'm loving this plane!

Good flight! VERY maneuverable. It looks like it almost has enough power to hover.
When you land, come in with NO power and maintain a glide slope that's still controllable. Just above the ground, you flare just enough to flatten it out and it will settle in nicely. That requires an easy touch since too much elevator will cause it to stall nose up.
Work on landings with low rates.

Back