Eflight Apprentice STS 1.5 Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa_dude

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Flying
If I trim my ailerons do they automatically 0 out on restart? Haven't really played with them much. Just curious cause I have accidentally hit the trim buttons many times but haven't had any issues with it so far so I'm guessing the answer is yes?
Also curious on how aviation lights are ran and mounted. How do you rout the wires through the foam? Seen a YT video that had them installed and was really cool, but haven't seen an install video.
Thanks, here a video of what I'm talking about.
Start video at 8:45

When adding lights I just make a slice in the foam, tuck the wire in and glue it in place. If need be you can cover it with adhesive backed vinyl to cover the wire but most of the time you can't even tell it's there.

Are you running in safe mode, medium or safe off, might make a difference in how the flaps are set. Honestly unless you are looking to shorten your landings, flaps aren't even necessary, The Apprentice is a great flyer, and easy to land. Great choice.

When adding lights I just make a slice in the foam, tuck the wire in and glue it in place. If need be you can cover it with adhesive backed vinyl to cover the wire but most of the time you can't even tell it's there.

Are you running in safe mode, medium or safe off, might make a difference in how the flaps are set. Honestly unless you are looking to shorten your landings, flaps aren't even necessary, The Apprentice is a great flyer, and easy to land. Great choice.
It's still in safe mode mostly but depending on wind sometimes. Just trying to become a better pilot. I see what your saying, cut a slit and shove the wires down in it sounds easy enough. Didn't know if they drilled a channel down the wing or what not.

Hi I am new to the hobby and have a question about the aileron control horns as they come flat against the wing. How do you get them to pull out to attach the ailerons? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi I am new to the hobby and have a question about the aileron control horns as they come flat against the wing. How do you get them to pull out to attach the ailerons? Thanks in advance for any help.
Can you take a picture, that doesn't sound right

Thanks for replying I will get some pics and reply tomorrow its pouring down rain here can't get to the garage.

Back