Eddie Gurerro Dead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
WWE Wrestler Eddie "Latino Heat" Gurerro was found dead this morning here in Mpls before a performance. They dont know the cause of death yet. He is a known recovering adict so my guess would be from the abuse his body took from all the drugs. He was soon to celebrate his 4 year anniversary of being sober. He was only 38 and left 3 kids behind.

www.wwe.com

Holy poop,That's straight to the heart too me,Eddie Geurerro could wrestle, May he R.I.P.

Last edited:
Got Nitro? said:
Holy poop,That's straight to the heart too me,Eddie Geurerro could wrestle, May he R.I.P.
He could act, not wrestle. Sorry you confused the two.

As far is it goes, it's too bad when you see someone that young lose their life and with a family.

Yeah, its always hard to hear when a wrestler dies. I dont think to many people relize how atheltic these guys actually are. And how much of there lives they actually dedicate to the sport. Sad to hear.

4u2nv said:
Yeah, its always hard to hear when a wrestler dies. I dont think to many people relize how atheltic these guys actually are. And how much of there lives they actually dedicate to the sport. Sad to hear.

True that andy,these guy's commit the life to this,It's just ashame when something like this happens.

jetmechG550 said:
He could act, not wrestle. .
VERY VERY far from the truth. Eddie did very well wrestling in college. Plus these dudes are REAL atheltes weather wrestling is real or fake. Theres a art to landing the way the do, special tecniques they have to learn, and getting hit with ANY chair can't feel good. There ALOT of former "Wrestlers" in wrestling these days. Kurt Angle is a Olypic gold medalist, Brock Lesnar was national champion, Big Poppa pump and his brother Rick Stiner were all americans, and theres a new guy who is HUGE, and he was a all american wrestler. Its takes HUGE talent to be able to be in the WWE and I think people get hung up on the Fake or real crap and take it away from the wrestlers. Either way, these guys are athletes, and its true talent they use.

wait a min here, I am sorry to hear of anyone dying young, especially when he has cleaned up and doing well....but I do have to agree w/ jetmech on this....Wrestling as we see it on TV is scripted and obviously a drama show.....they may have been great wrestlers in their day and still have amazing skill to do what they do....BUT they do alot to themselves to bulk up.....they do take steroids since they arent subject to the restrictions of a true competition...they do performance enhancements like blood doping and what not, I'm sorry but when you are approaching 40 years of age and have to maintain a brick shithouse figure you have no time for anything but that.....it's sad to see anyone go so far they actually harm themselves in the long run......this guy eddie made those choices for himself, he may have had a short life but he obviously wanted a full short one instead of the longer mediocre lives most of us settle for.......

I agree that wrestling is scripted and is entertainment, BUT you can't take away that these guys are STILL athletes. Steroids no matter what sport, are still there and will ALWAYS be there. (As they always were) I for one dont think roids is a big deal and when done right are even harmful (Thats right, in moderation I dont think roids are bad) People only hear the downside of roids, but there are ALOT of benefits to roids. To me I dont see the big deal with them. Its a persons body and no matter what a person puts into there body, its still THERE body doing the stuff. Wrestlers do ALOT to train in the ring. can't tall me that falling off a 30 foot cage and not breaking a bone doesn't take talent. Or getting hit in the head with a chair and getting up 5 minutes later like it never happened isnt talented. Theres a skill to all of this that these guys have learned and that I see as talent. Not just your average joe could do this stuff. In Minnesota there is alot of schools for this stuff and I give these guys MAD PROPS on there athletic ability no matter if its staged or not.

I'm watching the wwe right now.
I don't watch the wwe, but my kids do.
Sad to see the guy go. All the other wwe guy's are all crying.
He must have been well liked by his peers.
I hope his family can get through this.

Call em Athletes or Actors, either way, they (wrestlers) are like a tight-knit family. Sad to see him (or another person who was too young) pass.

I watched it too, and if your a fan of the guy or not, it was still Very very sad to watch. You know its gotta be tight knitted when there a 7 foot tall 500lb guying crying like a baby. He sounded like a real humble (They couldnt stress that enough) down to earth, religious, family man. I couldnt even imagine what his family is going threw.

On Fri.'s smackdown (on Upn, 7pm central) theres going to be another tribute. Like I said if your a fan of wrestling or not, like him or not, its worth checking out.

WOW that sucks. very very very sad to hear this. He was AWSOME in wrestling/acting (how ever u want to put it) he was great. suck ashame to see a young man pass at that age... R.I.P man

i was just reading that eddie died from heart failure ,NOT from steriods but from the years of working out
think about it you work out to build muscle ,what is the heart besides a muscle his heart was enlarged and it simply quit
here is the link
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10086263/from/RL.4
just thought i would put my $.02 in

Yeah I guess from drugs and drinking his veins shrunk and cause heart failure. Also he had a very strenuous workout routine (I honestly dont believe he was roiding. his elbows match his bicepts) so that didnt work well with his shrunken veins. He was also apparently feeling ill the previous week, were he felt very tired, and winded. But he insisted the show must go on. Then they found he also had heart disease (That was unknown). I just got done watching the Smack down tribute tonight. Pretty sad. I guess Eddie was buried yesterday in Arizona.

Last edited:
racin_38 said:
i was just reading that eddie died from heart failure ,NOT from steriods but from the years of working out
think about it you work out to build muscle ,what is the heart besides a muscle his heart was enlarged and it simply quit
here is the link
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10086263/from/RL.4
just thought i would put my $.02 in
Yea it sucks he was a great preformer, but your wronge about stroids not haveing an effect on him, I've resuched stroids, have friends that do them,they will cause your hart to enlage, along with your other muscles. And can cause other probs to... but back on topic, he was way to young to die, and it was quit a shock to hear the news .....

Mondragon said:
about stroids not haveing an effect on him, I've resuched stroids, have friends that do them,they will cause your hart to enlage, along with your other muscles. And can cause other probs to... .....
Steroids taken in moderation are as safe as asprin. Anyone can argue this until there blue in the face, but the facts prove it. Just like asprin if abused, it can cause you kidney problems and heart problems (Just like any medicine) but there are alot of beneficial sides to steroids that tend to be overlooked by the abusers. Prime example, The Roid king, jose canseco. Hes been taking roids for over 20 years. Look at the guy. Hes mid 40's and looks and performs like hes in his mid 20's. Hes had 3 back surgeries that would have ended others careers but since he is educated on them, they help keep him in the league (Until he was black balled). But there are guys out there like Giambi that abused them, and made it look like he swallowed the water cooler.

True but they effect everyone diffrently, someone really close to me uses them.and Yes they can go eather way. I've used them, dont anymore, thats why I've resuched them...and I dont recomend anyone trying them...diffrent roids effect you diffrently, they helped me a lot, because I have a extremly hard time gaining weight, but unless you have done them and have been educated on them, you dont now what they can do to you mentaly and physicaly. If you are a teen it is a very, very, bad idea to use them. The side effect that causes the most problem is rage, for anyone reading this i cannot stress this enuf..they will mess with your head and make you extremly tuchy,like you said you need to be educated on them,and at least 20 years old to use them. I can tell you this it is very easy to abuse them, and they can cause dammage to your body. I really didnt want to tell anyone that I've use but, in all reality they are not safe if abused, and most people I no that use them also abuse them its very easy to do. let me ask you a question have you use them do you no what it feels like on them? do you no how they change you mentaly when you are on them? I'm not trying to argue but I know first hand what they can do to you, and if you think its safe doing a roid stack or staying on them for long periods of time with no side effects,or even doing them moderly, well sry bro you had better think again.yes It feels great on them I loved it,I fealt better than i had ever fealt in my life,and yes they helped me, but everyone around you might think diffrently.....Almost cause me my family and freinds.anyways sry to see you go Eddy my hart goes out to your fammly R.I.P BRO...

Have I taken steroids, Nah. Would I? I would hesitate too, but right now, itd be kinda pointless since I'm not currently playing any sports. Do I wish I would have when I played baseball more? Probably. I was in a try out for a semi pro ball team (The St.Paul Saints in 1997) and during the tryouts I tore a rotor cuff and It basically ended my career. If I would have had the knowledge I have on them now, I would have. I can gurantee my turn around rate for recovery would have been alot better than the 2 years it was. IF you were having issues with weight, (Underweight) I wouldnt suggest them and in research you will find that info as well. Kinda like dumping a 5 gallon bucket into a 2 liter bottle. Isnt gonna fit to well. But yeah the most common side effect is rage, your right. But again, theres side effects to ANY medicine and your also right that its going to effect everyone differently. Thats why a person needs to do there research and actaully experiment on which works the best for them. Again, I dont condone drug use, or want to promote it, but I do think they catch a VERY bad rap. Do I think they should be outlawed in sports? No. Do I think anyone under the age of 22 use them? No. But again I think they are alot safer then alot of medicine. In moderation I think they have alot less side effects than alot of other medicines.

As far as Eddie G. I dont think he was on steroids IMO. You can usually tell if a person is, they have huge arms and forearms, but then has small elbows. Also if there neck is wide. Thats about the easiest way to spot it I think. And Eddie didnt have either. Plus he was always pretty big (Muscular wise) since he was in his Teens. Now Triple H? Thats a different story. But I think he's laid off cuz hes been getting flabbier ever week..lol.