Comedian Bernie Mac Is Dead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
For anyone who is yet to be aware, another great comedian and respected individual has left us today.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/09/reports-comedian-bernie-mac-is-dead/

The comedian Bernie Mac died early Saturday morning at the age of 50. The Chicago Sun-Times first reported his death, which was later confirmed by CNN and the Associated Press.
Although the cause of death was not disclosed, the comedian, whose real name was Bernard McCullough, had been hospitalized recently for pneumonia. He had suffered from sarcoidosis, a respiratory disease, since the 1980’s.
A columnist for the Sun-Times, Stella Foster, said that a close friend of the family confirmed his death. Mr. Mac starred in the Fox television series “The Bernie Mac Show,’’ and his film credits include roles in the “Ocean’s Eleven” series of movies.

I just seen this on Yahoo news and its a sad day

Loved his little roll in Transformers

YOU WILL BE MISSED

NO NO NO! i just watched 'Guess who' the other day... he was so funny and a great actor....

that is sad news indeed :(

This one was a total blindside. He was also in "Don't be a menace", which has to be one of my favorite "just turn off your brain and laugh" movies of all time.

That sucks so much. This guy was an awesome actor and comedian. RIP Bernie

I have watched his show since it started and was a big fan of his stand-up routines. I wondered about his health, a year or so ago they had to post-pone taping of his show due to heart problems. He will be sorely missed. :(

Back