Ecx torment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I broke down and bought the wife an ecx torment as they are the only things available locally. Seems there are no hobby shops in my town. I've driven it the past couple days and feel it lacks everything but she loves it as it's her first one she bought new and she seems happy. Still working on the savage I should have the last part for her earthquake tomorrow and I should be a little happier getting to run that one.

i actually recently aquired a Ruckus, same platform, threw a 15t motor in it and a Arrma Mega ESC (got it as a roller) does pretty well, so far pretty durable after i replaced the upper camber links with the Rustler VXL equivalents. i had seen mine ran with a 3300kv motor /esc combo and it held up pretty well (end of the day at the skatepark broke a hub carrier, but it was definitely a hard landing.), and was pretty fast/quick. i hear the steel idler gear in the transmision is a must if you do go brushless though.

Thanks for the advice on the idler gear. It may end up brushless when. She gets used to diving it
kind of what we did for my lady, started her with a brushed Arrma Mega 4x4 so she could get into the hobby, then when she got used to the brushed, we upgraded to brushless and slowly building it up from there.

Seems to be the way to go. I started with brushed then a couple intros but still prefer the electrics myself. I'm converting my hb lightning stadium over to brushless as well as the savage. Finally got her earthquake finished so I've got something with a little more umph too it

Seems to be the way to go. I started with brushed then a couple intros but still prefer the electrics myself. I'm converting my hb lightning stadium over to brushless as well as the savage. Finally got her earthquake finished so I've got something with a little more umph too it
nice! I'm more of a fan of nitros personally, but they are all fun! love building them and piecing them together.

must be their major weak point, when i got mine, same part was broken, i just used some zip ties, mine is also the ST style bumper though, doesn't stick out.

The shocks are conjoys alloy adjustable shocks. They are big bore and at 20 bucks or so not a bad piece. The tires are injora 1.9 crawler super swamper rocks. They need glued and the shocks need filled but happy with all of it so far. Those all came from Amazon. I also used rpm arms on it. Along with the alloy and carbon body mount set. It all looks great.

I'm also using zeee 5200 2s lipo batteries on the stock electronics. Next step is definitely going brushless along with the metal gear conversion. It's been a blast and I'm liking it more than I thought I would for a brushed setup

Nice shocks! Watch out for the screws that connect the hubs on the steering block(not sure what it's called), soon it will strip the threads on the block(at least that's what happened to mine, both sides, up and down)

Back