Ec5 connector install

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Going to be swapping these connectors in here soon. Before i do i just want to make sure i have it all correct. These are hobbypark brand. Male plug goes to ecs and female to batteries? Do i want the smaller female plugs in the smaller cap and male in the larger cap as in the pictures? And do these plugs snap in from the back of the cap or from the front?

IMG_20220220_073555493.jpg
IMG_20220220_073607999.jpg
IMG_20220220_073705535.jpg

Yes male to ECS and female to Battery.

From what it looks like from pics on line. The male plugs go in the connector that has the bigger holes

Went and did my first battery. Put connector on wires before i soldered the ends on. Went to seat the first pin and it shattered the connector. Cut the connector off the the other wire, and drove them on a new one from the back side. Seems to be ok.

When you buy connectors, make sure they are Amass brand. Most of the others are pure crap.

Turned into a fiasco as usual. Solder iron i bought is junk, gave up and just used my plumbing torch. I think i will buy the spektrum version of the ec5 plug for the esc on the car. Just to make things easyer

When you buy connectors, make sure they are Amass brand. Most of the others are pure crap.
So i got the soldering iron working half way decent. Went to change my charge adapter from deans to ec5. After 5 trys of breaking cables from pushing the bullets so hard and then slipping when popped in, to crushing the plastic connector in the process. I tossed the hobbypark brand connectors along with my charging lead in the trash. Ordered new Amass brand connectors and will be picking up a bew charging lead. Will be cutting the two connectors i did manage to get on my batteries off and re doing them with the amass brand aswell.

Thanks for the video. I watched that one and many others. Pretty sure the main culprit is bad connectors.

idk what kind of connectors those were in the video but all mine pushed in through the back. I never had to pull the wire through and solder on the pin like the video.

idk what kind of connectors those were in the video but all mine pushed in through the back. I never had to pull the wire through and solder on the pin like the video.
I have done it both ways.

Back