EBMods .26 Takes 2nd place at Dirt Oval Nationals

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by StrechM
30%NitroBoy, 400 hp in an RX7 is a pretty bad mofo.,

I got pretty close to 600 out of my 426 Hemi Cuda and about 550 out of my GTX with a 440. Close to 450 in my 55 Chevy out of a 327. The Cuda and the GTX were wicked considering they were street rods. The 55 was fun but nowhere nere as fast. About 850 in the supermodified and that's a whole other story. 400 in an RX7 is a lot of hp and 544 is even more considering the weight.

Hey Stretch,

Yeah, even with the daily driven 400HP (@ the wheels of course..dyno'd many times) it has so much power that it will literally whip your head back. Yes, the power to weight ratio is awesome and with 19+ lbs of boost and 544 @ the wheels for the drag strip it's pretty phucking insane..lol. I actually sold that car to a rich dude and bought it back from him for allot less then what I sold it to him for....he said and I bullchit you not "I've owned three pony cars and a Ferarri son and that car scares the chit out of me".....I had the biggest grin on my face ever when I heard that. I actually just take it out on the weekends and she does everything for the male ego that one could expect from that car. Everything is done to the car for looks but their's not a single sticker on her. Veilside body kit, Porsche style Xenon light coversion (I hate pop up lights).....it's painted a deep burgandy and the paint job is smooth as glass (gazzillion layer baked enamel). Not many cars on the street can touch it and the ones that c me on the road that have had their asses served to me look the other way..lol. I get pulled over by cops that just wanna c what's under the hood.

EDIT- I would almost give my big toes for a nice and decked out Cuda, those cars you had sound awesome man. A Cuda is by far my all time favorite american muscle car.

Peace

If EBMods can give me a 50%+ power increase in a Sirio .18 for $75 then I'll be happier then a gay dude in a dic tree and smoking or really hanging with allot of big bore Maxx conversions (their goes my diffs). As for a Wasp .26 with an engine done my EBMods...it's sound like you could have a Big Bore Maxx monster with almost uncontrolable power...we'll c.

I need to talk to EBMods..

Peace

NB, if I still owned that Cuda I'd be that much closer to retirement. Restored back to original it would probably fetch around $70-90K from the right collector and just think I sold it in '78 for less than $10,000.

The alcohol supermodified kicked everythings ass. Less than 1300 lbs. wet. The problem is I couldn't drive it. Toooooo much power and not enough experience. It would sort of make you want to pee in your pants. The last time I was part of that crew (for my wifes Godfather) Billy Vukovich III was still alive and a tire went flat during red flag at a race in Carson City NV. He was setting in the poll possition for the restart with oly a couple of laps to go. It did set a world record in '89 at the Cooper Classic in AZ.

Rob,...Sorry about butchering up your thread with my war stories.

Last edited:
Originally posted by StrechM
NB, if I still owned that Cuda I'd be that much closer to retirement. Restored back to original it would probably fetch around $70-90K from the right collector and just think I sold it in '78 for less than $10,000.

The alcohol supermodified kicked everythings ass. Less than 1300 lbs. wet. The problem is I couldn't drive it. Toooooo much power and not enough experience. It would sort of make you want to pee in your pants. The last time I was part of that crew (for my wifes Godfather) Billy Vukovich III was still alive and a tire went flat during red flag at a race in Carson City NV. He was setting in the poll possition for the restart with oly a couple of laps to go. It did set a world record in '89 at the Cooper Classic in AR.

Rob,...Sorry about butchering up your thread with my war stories.

Sounds bad ass bro.......All the Cuds that I've found over the years are way overpriced. The project cars that I've been really interested in are usually rusty as hell..no good. I have my Cuda one day.

ROb - SOrry to deviate off subject. If you could give me a way to get ahold of MBMods I'd really appreciate it.

Bump for RobH or anyone that knows how to get ahold of "EBMods". I have money most literally waiting in hand After X-mas (or before if needed) for a new Picco .26 and a Siro .18 that are in desperate need of a "full mod".

Peace

Muchos Gracias IMBROKEN....:thumbup:

My bad. I should have scribed to my own thread. LOL sorry

I was up at the shop on Saturday. I asked your questions.

1.) He still goes Picco .26 and Wasp .26 engines. He does not recall talking to "nitroboy". I think it was a misunderstanding or something

2.) He only works on new or rebuilt engines because he wants a clean slate. Put yourself in his shoes. Someone sends you a used engine. You do you best work on it. A week later the engine breaks. Did the guy do the break in correctly? Did he overheat it? Did he break it in again after the mods? If the engine is new from the factory, Ed knows for a fact that the thing hasn't been abused.

I find it amaizing that he works on used engines at all. If you front bearing, for example, wears out and sand gets sucked in, you're looking at one nasty looking crankshaft. You typically don't buy a new crankshaft when you rebuild.

Anyway, I wish I had asked him what he uses to balance the crank with. He doesn't do sloppy work so it's gotta be a high-end device.

StrechM, thanks for the info. I had no freaking clue on the blueprinting thing.

He talks about "compression ratios" and "deck hieght" what the hell is that?

Also on the balancing, what do the percentages mean? Is a 50% balanced engine perfect?

I rarely get to talk to him and even then it's rushed. He's always too busy reply to my dumb ass email questions so I don't even ask.

Also, I'm working up a new Services page for him right now. The Lite Mod is going bye bye in the next couple of days. He's adding a "Team Mod" which includes engine break-in and a cooling head from Nova RC Products that has "EBMods" on top of it. $125 for engine mod service and cooling head.

Also Don Green has won again: quote from Ed:

Because Don Greene won the Roar Regional 12 in Ca. at KZ speedway Dec.11-13 Beating Factory drivers in the unlimited Monster truck race.

go Don Greene! :D

[update]

and *poof* just like that the cheapest EBMods is now $75 (Full Mod).

I also updated the services page to include a little more detailed info on what he does.

Last edited:
I have no dought that the mods talked about in this thread work.

What I would like to mention is to beware of testimonials from people you don't know.

Are the testimonials biased? I would say yes. Who are the people making them?

Are all the testimonials like that of speedbump? Did this guy just happen to join this site see this thread and happen to have an EB mod? He make 1 post and disappears. Its testimonials like this that make you wonder.

Is the spreading of the information coming from someone who has ties to EBmods? Maybe someone who has a vested interest?

Again I believe in engine porting and EBmods may be the "GOD OF MODS" but this thread has left me with way to many questions about the people who are spreading the word.

I will be interested in hearing feedback from people I trust.

-Ed

Eddy, I think that's a valid concern. This is the Internet and just about anything can be spoofed and changed. Ed himself has no time or motivation go around pretending to be other people. He's a straight forward honest guy. Anyone that knows him will tell you that.

If you really want the truth, you can run it down. Call the race tracks mentioned and ask about how you can talk to Don Greene. I have no doubt he's a real person. He sounds like a hardcore racer just like you Eddy. I think his truck is T-Maxx too.

You Call Crispy Critters Hobby Shop in New Jersey (973) 790-3800 and talk to Aldo whos pull start conversions for RB engines are legendary. Ask him about Ed Bridges from Swoyersville, PA and his EBMods company.

Obviously, you call Ed directly (570) 283-3066.

If you give me a day or two I could give you a list of guys at the track and their home numbers. A lot of them run his mods.

Unless Ed like some awsome telephone hacker and really great at impersonating other people, I think you'll get the truth.

If you really want the real scoop Eddy, have him do an engine for you.

I just purchased a $270 engine (Rex P5) and I'm handing it over to Ed before it even touches my buggy. That's more than my first RC cost me. Why would a fruggle bastard like myself hand over what represents so much money to someone I didn't trust 100%.

new-RexP5.jpg

brand spanking new.

Edit: Also, if you look up in this thread I did warn people about believing the testimonials I posted. People can get pretty zealous about the products they purchased.

Last edited:
You will need to read through this to get an idea of what he is talking about with respect to deck height.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/squishcalc1.html
I am familar with the Rodeck mills. They are extreem powerhouses like the other two mentioned, but it's been a few years (many).

Another good article to give you an idea of compression ratio.
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Engine/compression.htm

It's pretty simple stuff once you have the basics down.

I'm not sure of the 50% blanced engine question. Ask him to reffer to that again.

I would appreciate it if would keep us informed with your experience with the modded P5.

I will let you know what happens. Around these parts, the RC tracks are covered with snow. This new engine is going to be my baby so it won't see nitro until it warms up outside.

Also, I can't say that I'm an expert at this. Nine months later and I still feel like a newie in the Nitro RC hobby. I don't know what inteligent comparison information I can offer about the new engine, but I'll do my best.

I'd love to post before and after pictures of the engine internals but as you can probably guess, Ed asks that people not do that. He's already had some guy on ebay try and sell a fake EBMods .26. Now he has to serial number his engines.

SUp RobH,

I sent him a short E-mail a while back with no response thus fair. Maybe he didn't get it or maybe he doesn't want my money...lol. I'll try to call him this week as I need to get this taken care of ASAP. Mod'd Picco .26 and Sirio .18...here I come..sweet.

CIAO

Rob,

WEll....I just checked out the EBMods forum. I have a gut feeling that he does great work. You never mentioned that your the webmaster for his Forum...lol. I'll register for the forum and post my mod questions overtheir.

Peace

Back