Easy n00b question..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustindeyagher

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an old brushed futaba car with ni-cad batterys. I use the quick charger and try to set the current accordingly. After 10 minutes of charging it says its full, and runs good for ONLY about 5 solid minutes and dies. Is it my batterys, charging time/current, esc or am I being a dumbass?

Your battery's could be shot for sure. Id try and pick up a new battery pack and see if it gives you longer run times and go from there. Your charger might not be working right too though.

ya your right. probably the batteries considering Ni-Cad hold memory over time, they could just be charging to 20% and thinking its full. I have an expensive quick charger so i dont think it would be the case.

Look on allbattery.com at some Tenergy or Intellect cells. You'll be amazed at the new found punch and run times from upgrading to some quality batteries.

If the batts are NiCads, you might be able to breathe a little more life into them by cycling them. Charge, discharge about 3 times and see if it helps. DO NOT begin the discharge or the next charge cycle until they are COMPLETELY cooled down.

umm.. i thought quick chargers were used just for a one hit start.. i would say use a reg. charger if u got one and leave it on for a good 4- 8 hrs, so i would say it is just ur charging time.

I agree with Rolex. You should cycle the batteries 3 or 4 times using a charge/discharge and letting the battery cool completely between charge and discharge.

Back