East Coast Bash - The Final Results!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well team, this was by far one of the best R.C. get-togethers I have ever attended! No it wasn't HUGE, but then again, I think the size was just perfect!

Attendee's:

@mcvickj
@Nitroaddict
@RobH and his better half
@ImBroken
@msly
@WoodiE and his best half!
@Çh®i§tiªñ and a half ;)
@DarthRacer

The weather was going to be a total bust, but, my phone calls to mothernature and the selling of my soul to the devil paid off! While bashing, it sprinkled once, for a minute and that was it!

The Chestnut Ridge was a good venue for meeting everyone, getting in some on-road action along with seeing RobH's indestructable buggy :buggy1: ! The Maxxes were running in full force, and let me just say, MSly, you have the most badass TRX .15 Pro on earth!!! And ImBroken, you have the most badass STOCK XXX-NT on earth! Both fast and to the extreme! I burnt the hell out of the first batch of burgers and the second batch the seaguls ate! NA and McVick, thanks for returning the ramps as my son would have been devestated! lol

The party at the house on Friday went down without a hitch, camp fire and all! Someone drank a lot of Green Label Jack and everyone enjoyed taking a dump in the downstairs head! Thanks guys for not pissing in the 'fountain toilet'! By this point, the partying Woodie could take no more and had to pass out! 48 hours straight for that man!

Saturday was the X games of R.C.! The off-road site selected was just perfect! No track needed! Not by a long shot! The jumps were plenty and the air was sick! The vids and pics will be abundant to say the least! I almost got hit twice out of the 2 days and that was amazing in itself! ImBroken - Thank you for being such a good driver and not taking my head off! RobH finally pushed his buggy to the extreme! I think now he knows what this sport is all about. I'm pretty certain in saying it was his biggest air yet! Great job lad and a damn fine showing on how to fly through the sky! NA - I'm buying you a lifetime supply of zip ties!!!! Darth - Dont those pullstarts suck on the Hyper 8's?!?!? Woodie - I broke yours on purpose!!!! MSly - Did you really take a picture of my ????? MCVick - Track straight man track straight! I dont want to go to the hospital today!

All of you put up the air and sacrificed pride for air! It was awesome to say the least!

Special shout out to Fields Hobby for taking care of us and having in stock all the parts we needed!!! Great banner as well!!!

This is the thread I want you guys to post all the vids, pics, stories etc! This way we have them all in one shot!

ImBroken - sorry I couldnt hit the tree for you man! I really did try though!

The Falls were great to see! For those who didnt notice, that was Crosby Stills & Nash that was playing on the hillside ;)

Best of all, was meeting a damn fine bunch of guys (and gals that put up with some major poop!). RCNT has brought more than just a forum to the table! Ok - group hug! (Woodie, stop grabbing me there!)

Now get those pics and vids posted!

-Chris

My bad, dont forget about the prizes Woodie put up too!

Everyone walked away a winner!!!

Damn sounds like fun! I enjoyed reading it. Can't wait for Multimedia from the bash :yes:

Man, I haven't seen any pictures or videos yet, but just from this lead post in the thread...I can tell I am going to regret not being able to make it to this bash. Damn the luck...:(

I have to agree with sky.................. sounds like you guys had a blast and why does NA need a lifetime supply of zipties?????

Other then what Chris has already said, I'd like to thank everyone that did make it to the bash. It was great being able to put a face with a name, sit around and just hang out...even if Chris broke my savage so I couldn't run with you - who knows maybe next year I can ride with ya.

I didn't get as many images as I thought I did, mainly due to the fact that I was holding Chris's video camera more times then not. However I'll be resizing the ones I have soon and will be posting them on the site.

For those of you that missed the Bash, all I can say is the pictures, videos, and comments from the guys that did go won't even come close to how much fun we had. This HAS got to be at the very least an annual event!

As for this comments and any other questions you might have...
Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
I have to agree with sky.................. sounds like you guys had a blast and why does NA need a lifetime supply of zipties?????

The videos will soon tell and Chris I second that thought, a lifetime supply wouldn't be bad for NA, or for the guys around him! LoL

Guys - Thanks again!

-Michael

four words:

"Let's do this again"

Big thanks to WoodiE for making the trip and hooking us up with the bootie. I think an even bigger thanks goes out to Christian and Anna for being such excellent hosts.

The bash was so much fun. The highlight of the trip for me was meeting the people behind the text. JR, Tony, TJ, Mike, Chris, Woodster, Darth -- what a great bunch of guys! It was a blast to just hang out and shoot the poop. Second to that, the BMX track was just insane. Going to the hobby shop was fun. I had to leave empty handed though. It's hard to find an excuse to waste money at the LHS when you didn't break anything. The Lightning Pro is just balls-out tough. :winnar:

You guys that couldn't make it this year have to allocate a bit of your vacation for next year's bash.

Zip ties... we don't need no stinking zip ties!

Here are a few pictures to get you guys going until the rest are out and about...

This is RobH warming up his Hot Bodies Lighting - This thing was just plain bulletproof. He went from jumping small ramps at the park to jumping dirt mounds as tall as me...never broke a thing. Also notice the track...this view is only about a forth of the track - it was a huge BMX track with crazy jumps every where you turned.

1.jpg

This was toward the end of day 1. Everybodies R/C was out expect mine which at that time was in two parts.

2.jpg

Just a different angle of the picture above...look at the pretty CyberMaxx - Nice job Chris and RC Solutions.

3.jpg

Don't believe me about RobH's Hot Bodies Lighting, well pictures can say a thousand words...his buggy flying over my and reaching for the trees all at the same time.

4.jpg

-Michael

Now, I think I'm going to cry.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Now, I think I'm going to cry.

I ame crying, I sound like my wife watching a chick flick.
Check your in box, I just sent you an E- tissue.

I have to say the East Coast Bash was absolutely awesome! I'm sorry I could only make it on Saturday but I had a hell of a time! It was the most fun I had with R/C ever, and I've been in the hobby about 13 years.

I'm glad I got to meet you all. Everyone was so cool. It seemed like we acted like old friends. I would very much like to have this an annual event. It was just too fun!!!

The BMX track we were at was just awesome. I really didn't get a chance to break my Storm due to a $%$%^ Hyper pull-start, but I did manage to bend up both shock towers and upon further inspection today while cleaning I noticed I sheared off a screw head on one of the from a-arms. The Maxx suffered a busted motor mount and consequently a stripped spur. The track really can put a hurtin' on the rides, but the Maxxes and buggies really held up well to the punishment they were put through. I think a few people earned their flight wings!!

I had so much fun I'm now thinking of starting a local bash club so we can do this once a month. I can't wait to get back to the BMX track and really rip it up!!

Here's an after-pic of my rides, all nice and dirty.
65RCNTPostBash1.jpg

Thanks to all who attended!! Can't wait for next year!!!

Wish I could have gone. Sounded like a lot of fun.

Damn I wanna goto the west coast bash now...but i live with strict parents :(

I really wanted to go out and see the "family" I am glad there are pics though...Well I hope to see a lot of people come out when the west coast RCNT members get together..More the merrier!!!

Last edited:
Here ya go some of the pics I took

I had a Blast, Both I and Imbroken drove over 500 miles to be there LOL..... It was well worth the trip. Everyone was awesome and very cool to hang out with. Sorry no re-sizing or editing. ( On Second thought I just brought the size down a bit )I figured people might just wanna see the stuff ASAP.

Enjoy

SLy

P1010151.JPG

P1010138.JPG

P1010154.JPG

P1010114.JPG

P1010123.JPG

P1010094.JPG

P1010082.JPG

P1010110.JPG

P1010111.JPG

P1010210.JPG

P1010231.JPG

Last edited:
:worship: I envy u guys! I wish I could have made it. Maybe next year I can attend. Glad to see everyone got along and had a great time. Thanx for the pics. Still waiting to see the vids and more pics. :worship:

Mike (msly), nice pics man. That first pic is awsome. It's hard to believe I didn't break anything when I landed that one. I'm surprised those night pictures came out that well. I'm glad you took those non-bash pics. I'm gonna save all the pics to my harddrive cause I forgot my friggen camera!! :doh:

I'm thinking a bash in the UK? Anyone up for it next year maybe? I wish i could of made it there i would of come on my own just to watch as i havent got my Storm yet but I'm only 13 :( but i would really love to attend one in england!

Pics

Originally posted by RobH
Mike (msly), nice pics man. That first pic is awsome. It's hard to believe I didn't break anything when I landed that one. I'm surprised those night pictures came out that well. I'm glad you took those non-bash pics. I'm gonna save all the pics to my harddrive cause I forgot my friggen camera!! :doh:

Hey Rob...

I have a ton of other pics, i will send you the link after I upload them to my site when i get home. Imbroken and I went to bed 3am on sunday woke up at 5am and left to Longisland at 5:30am. We made it in a swift 7 hours with traffic coming into NYC of course LOL. It was about 550 miles or so. I'm in work now walking around from class room to classroom like a Zombie plugging in wireless computers and enabling WEP. FUn Fun Fun

Sly:bored:

Last edited:
msly could you send the link to me aswell please :cheeky:

RobH,

If I'm not mistaken Chris and I are going to try to compile as much pictures and video as we can on either a CD or DVD for the guys that made it to the bash...we'll keep you posted.

-Michael

Puppet Master....

Any chance of having an Official RCNT Hand Puppet.. ?? LOL=devil

Back