E-MAXX Or FLUX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
SO i decided to keep my money and not help my dad with the bonzi so iv decided that i really want a bash and keep the slash for racing. So the ? is E-maxx brushless edition ot savage flux HP. I have never owned hpi products befor so I'm a little scared, I love all my traxxas products. I just can't decided. I know things may have problems but thats fine comes with all rigs i can fix them, kinda like my spartan it had an overheating issue but i fixed it so every one has problems just not sure what one to get can you help me?

Just bought 4 gensacearespammers 5000mah 3 cell lipo hard case batteries so i can use them for the slash the spartan and whatever truck i decide to get. so thats my power thats going to be put to the truck. will run 2

The Flux is a beast! It is built on the Savage platform and the Mamba Monster's power is unreal.

Is it mamba monster? it says its a blur with a 2200kv motor, so is that all from castle?

hands down flux!! it has the castle mamba monster system thats been rebadged blur. durability of the savage and the awesomeness of the castle system. you gotta love that!!

I like castle stuff but never have used a savage platform befor, Can you guys go in to more detail beside the castle because thats already a big plus! Since i dont know much about savage platforms?

This should answer your questions!
This thing WILL take the abuse even with the stock tvp's!

Last edited by a moderator:
twin vertical plate design chassis, massively long twin shocks per wheel, and all around one of the more durable MT style trucks i have read about. i want one badly. 6s lipo compatable, blisteringly fast, great durability, the option to shred tires with the flick of a finger, standing backflips, running backflips, rolling double backflips, wheelies till the batts are dead.... I'm sorry i forgot why we were comparing them again?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeRysc6u_A8"]YouTube - Flux like a pro! Part 2 - MASSIVE POWER[/ame]

here is another great video to educate the awesomeness of the flux!

We are compairing because my freind had the brushless e-maxx and on 6s that truck is nuts, Now what savage is better the 200kv or the 2650kv?

yaaay powe power pweorwerw. sometimes I like power so much my head explodes.

Unless you bash like the guy in the first vid above, or you must have the biggest and the best, I'd say go with your instincts. If your local hobby shop stocks more Traxxas parts, go for the Emaxx and vice versa.

Awh good point deff something i will keep in mind when i go their on wensday its pretty big place so if they stock both well then thats a plus but man I'm loosing my mind not sure what to get i like both, have a little experince with an bl e-maxx but the video's and stuff of savage are nuts AWWW IDK lol

FLUX!!! Owned both and will never buy another maxx, decent platform but I bash so its not that great compared to the savvy. I love my savage flux hp to the point my girlfriend gets worried lol. Plus I find it way easier to work on than any of my traxxas stuff. (Maxx and a jato as well as my buddies rustler)
And for sheer wow factor standing backflips can't be beatin.

The only traxxas product id have an issue with as far as deciding between the two would be an e revo brushless edition. Even then for bashing id go savage.

I love my Flux too. Has the bulletproof diffs from the factory so thats a big plus but they are needed in that truck.

Issues I've had with mine:
1. The screw on the pinion gear backed out twice, I put RED loctite on it that time and it backed out again.
2. The locknut on the spur gear keeps backing off, i have since RED loctited it as well and it still backs off.
3. My Sky lipos were too wide for the battery boxes so i had to cut them. I have to use a wire tie to hold the batts in when i run it.

I took the transmission lid off the other day and i noticed one of the input gears life is very limited. The teeth are very very thin.

Broke one shock cap, the Flux runs 4 big bores not 8 like the nitros.

Check your batteries, they have to have a c rating of 25 or higher.

Other than those couple things the only other issues I've had with it is keeping it on its wheels, trying not to destroy it when doing backflips, if you land it wrong it will tear itself up. On my batteries its capable of 3 standing backflips but its hard to land it. Oh the last problem I've had with it is I've never been able to get it to full speed since at any speed pulling the trigger a little farther will stand it up.

It is an EXTREMELY heavy truck too, at least 3 lbs more than my X which is about 15lbs i think

Last edited: