E-flite UMX Twin Otter STOL RC Plane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBLynden

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Detailed E-flite UMX Twin Otter STOL RC Plane Unboxing & Review.

UMX Otter Review Notes:

Pros:
- Lights!!! It comes with an awesome light kit
- Mesmerizing Twin Props
- Powerful 1S Twin motors
- Cool trim scheme
- Can be stored and travel with it protected in the box

Cons:
- The tail sits down with no battery in the battery bay.
- Bent front nose gear (easy fix with pliers and you should always make adjustments on all planes out of the box anyway.
- No rudder, the differential thrust will be cool for tricks, but I would have preferred a traditional rudder instead.

Detailed E-flite UMX Twin Otter STOL RC Plane Unboxing & Review.

UMX Otter Review Notes:

Pros:
- Lights!!! It comes with an awesome light kit
- Mesmerizing Twin Props
- Powerful 1S Twin motors
- Cool trim scheme
- Can be stored and travel with it protected in the box

Cons:
- The tail sits down with no battery in the battery bay.
- Bent front nose gear (easy fix with pliers and you should always make adjustments on all planes out of the box anyway.
- No rudder, the differential thrust will be cool for tricks, but I would have preferred a traditional rudder instead.

This one is tempting for me, I really like Horizon's UMX series.

While not authentic, I can picture this in a Viet Nam Conflict Era Camo paint scheme similar to this B-26 Invader.

1_XyWGfdEEkY4Oy5VTdXz7sA.jpeg

Aerial RC makes me too nervous to enjoy it much but I love the models. Really cool looking plane.

I understand the no rudder part making it cheaper and easier to produce but how will it affect the control.

Aerial RC makes me too nervous to enjoy it much but I love the models. Really cool looking plane.

I understand the no rudder part making it cheaper and easier to produce but how will it affect the control.

I rarely use rudder in the air except for lining up landings, sure you can use it to smooth out turns but I have bad habits. If you have a tail dragger you need it to steer but since this isn't a tail dragger it's not an issue.

As soon as the wind dies down I can give you my honest assessment. So far a lot of guys are giving the rudder channel lots of expo and saying it makes it fly just like a rudder does. We had a beautiful day here today, sans the strong gusty winds or I would have put mine up today. Maybe tomorrow or next weekend :)

Back