E-flite Draco.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airslither1982

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been an RC enthusiast all my life so I am in no way new to the hobby. However I recently purchased an E-flite Draco and haven't flown it yet. I was just curious to know from anyone else who has this model if it has any particular habits or tendencies I should be aware of before I proceed with the maiden flight? Any advice is much appreciated, thanks

Don't have one but it's a good looking plane, if I had room for it I probably would have picked one up. Should be a nice flyer. I have heard if you bounce your landings the landing gear is a bit fragile, but I guess that depends on the pilots skills, so I took that with a grain of salt.

Let us know how it goes. I'm a bit jealous.

Don't have one but it's a good looking plane, if I had room for it I probably would have picked one up. Should be a nice flyer. I have heard if you bounce your landings the landing gear is a bit fragile, but I guess that depends on the pilots skills, so I took that with a grain of salt.

Yes I agree it is a looker...I'm exited to fly it. I got a good deal on it too. Some newbie put the wrong price on it by mistake so I was able to pick it up brand new BNF for $450

So this airplane does fly quite well indeed. A bit slower than I was expecting and quite heavy witch I already knew but plenty of power for scale flying and even some mild areobatics. overall a solid aircraft. It's definitely a pilot's plane though. It has quite a bit of adverse yaw so it Must be flown with a considerable amount of coordinated rudder input witch was to be expected since it is a scale aircraft after all. And although it is a slow and gentle flying airplane I wouldn't recommend it for beginners. But anyone who is already comfortable with a trainer or beginner sport planes should be able to handle it with no problems. And yes it's a bit bouncy when landing on concrete but I think some softer tires will fix that issue.

Yes it was very enjoyable....I can see room for some upgrades on this plane but overall I'm very happy with it so far

I very much enjoy this aircraft...I know a lot of people like gyros and some don't...I'm not against them there a big help in some planes...and others simply don't need them...in my opinion the Draco is one that doesn't.... flying this airplane without a gyro gives you a very good old school pure stick & rudder experience that I know a lot of people will enjoy but even for those who love there gyros it's still a good platform. I think E-flite did a very good job on this one.
Yes it was very enjoyable....I can see room for some upgrades on this plane but overall I'm very happy with it so far
I just picked up an E-flight Viper 90mm today cat wait to fly it...I think I will use the AS3X on this one lol

Hello everyone, I have been an RC enthusiast all my life so I am in no way new to the hobby. However I recently purchased an E-flite Draco and haven't flown it yet. I was just curious to know from anyone else who has this model if it has any particular habits or tendencies I should be aware of before I proceed with the maiden flight? Any advice is much appreciated, thanks
Hi there -
I also fly a Draco. I would suggest the following:
- Get his kit!
https://www.kavanrc.com/en/item/balloon-wheel-w-valve-125mm-2-pcs-112705 - Find them anywhere you like...

That's what I did. There are many videos about breakage but poor landings don't help... :thumbs-up:

The landing gear holds up well if you don't try to to make pancakes on your landings. I will say that this is NOT for a beginner and it likes a lot of rudder in turns.

Here is my maiden flight video for reference:

Back