E-Flite Blade CX3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I've been toying with the idea of getting a CX for sometime now and just happened to be looking on my favorite site, www.RCNitroTalk.com, and noticed an ebay ad for a heli and noticed the new Blade CX3.

Anyone on the forum has this new heli and if so what are your thoughts on it?

I've been wondering the same thing, if i may, i would like to know how easy they are to fly for a complete novice? I'm just affraid i'll spend that much money get it up in the air and have it plummet to the ground to its demise.

the double rotors make them very stable in the air. I've got the CX2 and had never flown a heli before. The biggest problem I have with mine is getting the trims, gain, and proportional all figured out so I have full range of motion. Once these are all set I would think it's super easy to fly. You WILL break rotors, good thing is they are pretty cheap.

the main thing to remember is that these things are very sensitive to weight changes. I am talking grams here. I had a cx2 with $400 worth of aluminum on it and it would fly for 5 minutes and the 2S lipo was shot. It was just too heavy and flew like a pig.

The CX3 looks really cool and i toyed with buying one a few days ago. The best price i found was a hobby shop in tyler, Tx called wings and wheels. Best shop i have been around and they sell rc's for basically what they buy them for. They will ship to you as well.

The navigation lights look cool and if i was going to buy another heli, this would be the one. I gave mine to a guy at a different lhs since i was fed up with it and he was the only one who really helped me out.

Well guys I stopped by the LHS on my way home today and checked out the CX3. Very cool heli, but walked out with the Blade mCX instead.

This is the first time I've laid hands on a heli and while I know nothing about it it does seem like a lot of fun. Waiting for the batteries to finish charging so I can take it for another spin - hopefully w/o hitting so many walls this time. :D

haha, i was actually going to recommend the MCX but i thought you had your mind set on something larger. They are 119 at the lhs so i may check one out. Let me know what the flight time is on that 1S. haha

so whats the verdict Woodie? how hard is she to fly for a first timer? I'm still pretty interested in getting one...

I say go with the mcx. I have the mcx and have flew the cx2. I think the cx2 is better than the cx3. I recomend starting with a mcx then going to a cx2.

i fly one around at work when I'm bord, there good time passer's thats about it

Ok I've been toying with the idea of getting a CX for sometime now and just happened to be looking on my favorite site, www.RCNitroTalk.com, and noticed an ebay ad for a heli and noticed the new Blade CX3.

Anyone on the forum has this new heli and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Try The little CX First.. Get use to it and Fly it in different area of the house.. So that you know what it can do..

When you have that one down.. Get the CX2.... Then learn how to fly it.....
Then I get the CX3.......

I upgraded my CX2 with after market parts...... Once I know that I have the CX2 down I am going to get the Blade 400........

Back