Dynamite Glo plug starter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking to get a new glo plug starter and I'm wondering if anyone has used the dynamite lipo version I assume they gotta be better then the nimh ones.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

all suggestion and opinions are welcome thanks for your time

I've been using one for a couple years and I really like it. Works great and the charge lasts awhile.

I've been using mine for a while, works great.

Been using my red Dynamite Ignitor with gauge that take sub C battery for a little over 20 years and not one time ever had a problem.
But I did hear more then one friend say they had problems and did not like new lipo and ended up going with the Super Hot-Shot .

I am using the Dynamite Lipo ignitor and love it. I did have a problem with the 1st one that was shipped to me as in, it would not charge. The wall charger light would go out as soon as I plugged it in. I called Horizon (even though I bought it through another vendor on amazon) and told them the problem and they immediately shipped me another. Has been working great, I would strongly recommend. I had a C and a D cell ignitor and I felt like I was buying batterys once a week.

I think they're great for the money but one died on me and horizon would not warrenty it due to the time I had it which is understandable. I really like it but now I charge it a little more often than the last one just to be safe. I guess over last season I let it discharge too far and it ruined it somehow.