Dynamite Big Red On On trx Slayer Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh2651

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hay Could Some One Help Me With MountIng a Dynamite big Red On My Slayer Pro Pllllllzzzzzz Help

Why would anyone put such a huge low rpm engine on a slayer?
I've never put a big block on a revo but there are quite a few threads in here if you search for them.

You're better off putting a smaller, relatively speaking, higher-revving engine in it like a .21 or .26. I personally like the Picco .26 Maxx.

If you just have to have that motor, you'll need the Traxxas Revo big block kit. I'd also suggest upgrading to a New Era motor mount and a better pipe like a good THS.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the only way you will get it to fit is either with the starter housing replaced with a solid backplate or thinner roto-start and the traxxas big block kit OR the new era universal big block mount.

New Era doesn't make them anymore, but a forum member here is making some similar. He borrowed my NewEra mount to make the template. He's still working on it I believe.

Actually I can now make the mounts :yes: Mine's on the right if you don't know.

revobbmount3.jpg

that is a sweet looking mount randy,what ya selling them for??

Looks like I'll have to sell around $60 shipped and it will also include a throttle pivot bracket that I'm copying from olds97_lss :)

That's not too much different than what NE was selling them for when I bought mine forever ago, I think I spent $75'ish. They slowly jacked up the price to $90 but now they are like trying to find unicorns... $60 shipped is a damn good price for that.

Very nice Randy! I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the NE and yours if you hadn't told us.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yours looks better than the new era - less stress points for crack propogation & looks like less weight.

If I didn't have my Qconcepts mount I'd buy one.