Dynamite 750kv pinion size

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fungi J

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hello guys I just got a dynamite 750kv motor for the xmaxx and was wondering if anyone knew how many tooth pinion gear i should start with on a stock spur.. not sure how many teeth are on the spur off hand.. I was thinking about going with maybe a 33t pinion on it..

The stock motor is a 1275kv and the stock pinion is 18T. a 750kV is about 59% of the kV of the stock 1275kV motor. A 59% increase in pinion size would bring you up to about a 29T pinion. Based on that Id say 33T is a pretty plausible pinion size to get better than stock performance. Assuming that the Dynamite motor is also 8S which I can only assume because Dynamite doesn't seem to post any specs on their motors at all other than the kV rating. The real question is, will a 33T pinion fit with the existing motor mount?

The stock motor is a 1275kv and the stock pinion is 18T. a 750kV is about 59% of the kV of the stock 1275kV . A 59% increase in pinion size would bring you up to about a 29T pinion. Based on that Id say 33T is a pretty plausible pinion size :: ch get better than stock performance. Assuming that the Dynamite motor is also 8S which I can only assume because Dynamite doesn't seem to post any specs on their motors at all other than the kV rating. The real question is, will a 33T pinion fit with thhe power existing motor

The stock motor is a 1275kv and the stock pinion is 18T. a 750kV is about 59% of the kV of the stock 1275kV motor. A 59% increase in pinion size would bring you up to about a 29T pinion. Based on that Id say 33T is a pretty plausible pinion size to get better than stock performance. Assuming that the Dynamite motor is also 8S which I can only assume because Dynamite doesn't seem to post any specs on their motors at all other than the kV rating. The real question is, will a 33T pinion fit with the existing motor mount?
Thank you so much for your wisdom it means alot that's why I love this place u guys are wise and super friendly it's an honor to be among y'all..bash crash fix repeat....😋

Thank you so much for your wisdom it means alot that's why I love this place u guys are wise and super friendly it's an honor to be among y'all..bash crash fix repeat....😋
No problemo mayne!

No problemo mayne!
just wanted to let everyone know that 33t pinion worked awesome.. nothing heats up.. actually runs really cool i could probably go bigger but its so fast and so much power,,exactly what it needed the motor fit in just perfectly new motor mount of course.. and gear cover, i printed..I'm really happy and recommend any one going bigger to give it a try the dynamite 750kv out of a losi, and hobbywing max6 is a perfect match.. and could start with a 35t pinion no problem and stock spur gear i had just rebuilt the diffs and suspension, bearings before the motor went.. last year was a lot of hydroplaning and i beat it up all of a ny winter without any downtime so it was defanately due and motor was my bad from lack of maintenance i should have had a couple of sets of bearings in it by the time it went... also i put a dynamite 1800kv 4s motor in my arrma granite.... stock blx 100, i only run 3s in it due to esc... but omg what a power house i used to have issues originally stock it would either dog out or burst and go which is like and on off switch loved how it backflipped though.. went through few motor set ups and the dynamite is where its at itll crawl straight up a hill or haul ass faster than it ever did has back flip power and no heat, i mean i do run fans on both motor and esc but i have a 15t pinion stock spur.. but the truck is built i have steel rear axles and diff which is a must... the front i have no issues with stock plastic.. upgrades rear shocks from my typhon trl.. it has gpm on it.. and front shocks are the arrma big bore i for get the lenth.. but that is a flawless truck after the upgrades.. i mean it was deffanately tough stock but now it just dont break and i am 100% go big or go home i be jumping some ret*rded poop for sure.. i can just drive up to a wall and backflip off it like i do my mini revo.. but once their built they really dont have no issues besides bearings.. oh and a little trick i figured out as well is i take keypad orings for under the keys to make them quieter and put them all over where ever they fit especially the steering linkage... tightens everything up and really helps asfar as durability too also under the yolks outside the diff housings to keep dust out.. and they come in all kinds of crazy colors to match anything.. well hope i was a little informative you defanately help me out... catchya on the flipside my friends.. .. .. and i know they need a bath i know.. just not right the min... besides these are part of a select few i run everyday.. sometimes more..

20221103_012241.jpg

20221011_143508.jpg

20221103_012230.jpg

20221008_162550.jpg

20221103_012423.jpg

20221103_012509.jpg

U guys r awsome the universe holds great things for people like you... you should check out the law of attraction... vibration...and the 5th dimention... sounds like you might Already be on to it but if not u deserve it... n I'm not really about God or religion but the science is there call it what ya want you can't get wet from saying the word water ..lol. stay cool anyhow brightened my day appreciate it..😏 coolest thing you could ever give someone is a little bit of your time...👾

Feb2014_1600x1200.jpg

Back