DVD Polish?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Many of you know I'm a DVD collector, most of the time I either buy new or more times then not used dvds that are in mint condition...even the case. However I was at the mall today and found a dvd I wanted and noticed it has a few minor scratches on the dvd. Now I don't know if they will effect the playing of it as I haven't tested it yet, but I wanted to know what kind of polish can I use on the dvd to fix the scratches?

I've heard of a few things, one being jewelry polish or something of the nature. What exactly should I get (brand) and where can I get it at.

Thanks,

-Michael

You too? I collect them too. Used to do VHS's, now DVD's.

If any part of the scratch is parallel to the radius, it'll skip. If it's along the radius, it might not be noticable (depends on how bad the scratch is). I'd play it first and see. As for buffing one out, I've never had good luck. Sometimes I see those Dr. Disk things that are supposed to buff out scratches, but have never tried one.

i have one of those Disk Doctors they work great on minor scratches! its just time consuming.

Disk Doctors work good - just dont freak out when you see what the disc looks like when you are done heheheh

I have used Turtle wax in the past to fix CD-R's. I think I used it once to fix a dvd that was rented and was a wreck.

sLY

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Disk Doctors work good - just dont freak out when you see what the disc looks like when you are done heheheh
for real!! it come with a cloth to buff it out but i use some plastic polish to buff them. works 10 times faster!