DuraTrax Nitro Evader ST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseDayton

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey there guys,just getting started with R/C and new to the forum. Are there any of you out there that can give me opinions/info on the "old school" DTX Evader. My father in-law gave me his old truck and said it was around 10yrs. old. I intend on getting atleast 1 more ride but also want to keep this one for sentimental reasons. Any input would be awesome. Thank You all.

Does it run? Is it complete?

I understand the sentimental reasons for it. But save your money and unless that Evader is ready to drive, I know replacement parts are going to be rare. They weren't the most durable rig back when they made that one.

If it still runs and don't need anything, then maybe just run it for fun. Don't bash it, be gentle with it.

If it were mine and had the same sentimental history, Id clean it up and make a shelf queen display out of it and keep saving from something current and has better parts availability.

I have two of them, they are a quick fun little truck but like others said, some parts maybe hard to find. The DTX 18 engine is discontinued, I replaced mine with O.S. 18's. The motor parts are the only thing that I found hard to find, change the motor and that solves that problem. A body is another part that is hard to find, I used this one and it works great and looks great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231252128802?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It fit with no modifications.

Hey guys, just got back home and am catching up on threads. Thank you for all the helpful info. I have been running the "complete heck" out of this thing! I mean bumper draggin' black marks on the new sidewalk... Had no idea what I was missing and can only imagine what the Jato 3.3 will be like. Just bought an identical Evader on ebay for 70$ with aluminum parts and a rebuilt engine w/ bigger head. Man I hope it runs because this thing is sweet and has taken a beating but like you say it gets a little worn out. I will tear it all down and make a really clean truck as tribute to dad, and yes, on the shelf it will go:hehe:

Nitro Evader ST

Hey guys, just got back home and am catching up on threads. Thank you for all the helpful info. I have been running the "complete heck" out of this thing! I mean bumper draggin' black marks on the new sidewalk... Had no idea what I was missing and can only imagine what the Jato 3.3 will be like. Just bought an identical Evader on ebay for 70$ with aluminum parts and a rebuilt engine w/ bigger head. Man I hope it runs because this thing is sweet and has taken a beating but like you say it gets a little worn out. I will tear it all down and make a really clean truck as tribute to dad, and yes, on the shelf it will go:hehe:

Glad it all worked out buddy. I'd like to see the shelf model when it's completed.

Back