DuraTrax Kwik-Pit Super Start T-Maxx 2.5????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmatt1605

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
has anyone put the DuraTrax Kwik-Pit Super Start T-Maxx 2.5 on there maxx? basically i am looking at this option because i enjoy the ease of an electric start and bogg my maxx a lot, (all eletronics waterproofed except starting motor) and the other day i fried the ez-start motor (i think) so i am looking for alternatives. if anyone has tried this and if so is it good or bad???

here is the link for the starter system:

http://www.rcplanet.com/Duratrax_Kwik_Pit_Super_Start_p/DTXP6015.htm

That's half of what you need. You need a Rotostart or Tiger Drive backplate for the engine as well.

That link shows all the parts you need but that backplate probably will not work on your 2.5 engine. The compatibility list is almost all big block. There is one available,I think it's from Dynamite. I switch all my engines to roto start.

Here is the no BS back plate you need for your engine.
The Back Plate
Personally I would not go with that starter unit since it requires TWO battery packs to run. It makes it needlessly large, bulky and heavy. I would highly suggest getting a starter that uses only one battery.
Like this one

Good point Joey. It is a bit overkill. The OS I got from bergoff came with a roto and that starter wand. With 2 1500 nicds, it damn near engages the clutch. The batteries only need charged a couple times per season though. I usually cycle them for cycle's sake once a month or so.

Yeah I got real tired of the thing. I have a single pack one and it is the only one that gets used anymore. I run older Lipos in it with a low voltage alarm and it will turn over anything I throw at it.

alright thanks guys! i will be getting one of these soon, once thats done and the roll cage is on i will be back to bashing and bogging

Back