Dumas swamp buggY

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSampson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have the big Dumas swamp buggy and need a new engine

I want it to go fast

0-120$

Rc
I have the big Dumas swamp buggy and need a new engine

I want it to go fast

0-120$
How about GO engines? Or HPI engines- really there are so many cheap engine brands to choose from you've got to hhavr tried thwm to know. Look for reviews on ones that take your fancy. Or look for ones with ABC construction and more ports.

Rc

How about GO engines? Or HPI engines- really there are so many cheap engine brands to choose from you've got to hhavr tried thwm to know. Look for reviews on ones that take your fancy. Or look for ones with ABC construction and more ports.

The Dumas Swamp Buggy uses an airplane engine. Google it, it's a pretty neat RC.

Convert to brushless. My answer for everything.
Won't be as fun in my opinion, no noise no smoke, no sense of power :p its an argument with no answer as everyone's opinion is different. :)

I
The Dumas Swamp Buggy uses an airplane engine. Google it, it's a pretty neat RC.
Damn, its a boat. I need to do some research. Never been into boats or planes as the closest bit of water to me is the river and I've never bothered with planes, but would like one. O.S do still make some pretty good plane engines, but have never really been into that side of the hobby so have never really tried any. Or you could go the full monty and put a jet engine on it :p but that boat looks like it wouldn't appreciated a jet engine. :)

Last edited:
Brushless would also give you the advantage of being able to back out of a bad spot if you got stuck.
You do NOT want a 4 stroke nitro since they don't produce the RPM of the 2 strokes, and the power they produce would not be able to turn a larger prop in the confined space of the cage.

Brushless would also give you the advantage of being able to back out of a bad spot if you got stuck.
You do NOT want a 4 stroke nitro since they don't produce the RPM of the 2 strokes, and the power they produce would not be able to turn a larger prop in the confined space of the cage.
Agreed.