dual disc brake pads on the standard brake disc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagedriver

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi there.
I made a little experiment some time ago with the disc brake on my savage
i took the pads from the dual disc brake,and mounted them together with the standard brake disc(the fiber one) and that works very well,no probs at all.
Have anyone tried this?

savagedriver

Does it work better than the stainles steel duals from hpi?

i don't know how anything could work better than the SS duals on my Savage. Darn thing flips over if I hit full brake! I need to trim a little out!

i also have the dual disk brake kit on my savy and yeah they work too good had to trim mine way down too casue it was flippin it over too,i tried taking the 2 disks and making it into 1 pc it works so os but not near as good as the 2 together

Same here mine could do a stoppie on demand but I noticed that when i would roll it with my hand you could here the tranny grinding. As soon as I loosened the brakes the grinding stopped.

Hi.
I would say it works just as good as dual disc brake, as it can still make a flip over if i hit the brakes hard,when it comes to wearing out the pads i don't know for sure how long it takes,as i don't use the brakes that much.

Back