drought in kansas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
here in kansas we have a really good drought. i passed a church with a sign up "help us pray for rain" i saw a group of people going in, but NO one had an Umbrella

Guess we need to send Steve Martin back your way, Moe....

It's not just in Kansas, here in KY we are having a severe drought. Last count we were 19 inches below normal rainfall for this time of year. Our corn is only producing a few kernels per ear and soybeans that should be chest high by now are barely over ankle high. Most of the farmers here say it will cost them more in fuel to harvest than the crops will be worth. Many have already started plowing them under or cutting them down. The cattle have nothing to graze and lots of farmers are spending what they made last year which wasn't much since we had the biggest flood since 1937 on feed for live stock.

The awful drought in the midwest, and it's been raining here almost daily.
I just wish I could shove the incoming clouds in your direction.

No worries here. It rained for like a month straight a couple weeks ago

The awful drought in the midwest, and it's been raining here almost daily.
I just wish I could shove the incoming clouds in your direction.

It's as good a reason as any to fire up your larger helis, Rolex.

My Father in law is a farmer and here in MD it has also been very hot and extramly dry most of the summer. His soybean should be chest high by now as well. Most of the bean plants either dried up or only ankle high. I never knew how much work and money goes into running a farm until I met my wife and we built our home there. My hope for rain goes out to all the farmers out there praying for rain.

The scary part is it's not just the farmers that are affected. Everyone will feel the ripple effect of this drought. Food and fuel prices are predicted to skyrocket in the coming year. So even if you don't have a farm or livestock you're still going to take a big hit in the wallet at the grocery store and the gas station. 18 billion dollars in crop losses already and it's not even harvest time yet.

Aug 25. some one in wichita is living right. but not me, LOL we just got some good rain. been watching cars on the street. they can drive slow through the water, but still wont stop at a stop sign. go figure?

They figure everyone else to drive just as slow therefore eliminating the need to fully stop :hehe:

you figured it out. killer

SOOOOOOOO,,,,,the rain was a good. but now my brakes wont stop squeaking.

too bad the little bit of rain has done nothing except make it EXTREMELY hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy with the language. Family forum.

its for sure Kansas can do HOT!! the last two winters was mild. if this winter is mild ill get more pipe smoking in.