driveway bandit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sekramer10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Getting back into rc cars and looking for something to run in my long concrete driveway. Looking for recommendations. I have a Redcat Volcano 16 and it seems about the right size but a bit slow. I'd like to have an on road car that would be pretty quick in a 2 car driveway, can take some bumps but doesn't need offroad capability. The main concern unfortunately is price. I'd like to start out low and make upgrades, so highly upgradable. I looked at Mini-Z and it seems too small and also pricey. I think something in the 16th to 24th scale would be best. Gas would be fun but don't think they make them that small? What style or type of vehicle would be good for me?

Thanks.

Happy Racing!

Mini-Z aren't that fast and are not really ideal for asphalt. Look into Traxxas LaTrax Rally. I have one, and I just it on my makeshift driveway race course. You can do a bit of upgrading with these. A basic RTR will only run about $150.
1212210001b.jpg
1218212116a.jpg
0128221248.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting a 1/28 K989 for $35. The driveway is pretty smooth but it's not large enough to contain top speed blasts from modern cars like the Latraxx. I think the right size might be a 1/24, but I am surprised the smaller ones are sometimes even faster than the larger ones. I'd rather have good accel and handling than top speed, because I live in the city. I might get a Losi 1/24 when $$$ are available.

Last edited:
Back