Drift tires.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I know coby has posted some good drift tires before but I donno where they are lol. I am tired of making pvc tires. They always come out crooked.

What are you using to cut them? Are they crooked after you make then, or when you put them on? I have tried making my own drift tires and they always come out a bit crooked after putting them on. The best thing you can do is push the rim all the way in until the PVC/ABS and the rim are flush. Don't forget to use weatherstripping or electric tape to keep the tire on tight.

All the info I have given and posted are in my how to drift thread. I think it's way on the 3rd page though lol. I haven't updated since I put in a countersteer section.

I'm running yokomo drift tires and i love them

What ones though? They make a bunch of different ones.

i have zero 2r for my electric and R03 HG Radial Type-D Drift Tires for my nitro

I've got 3 sets for my drifter, the stock drift tires that came with the Sprint 2 Drift, some regular on-road's, and Yokomo Super Drift's (the red ones: Part# ZR-DR15R, http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=YOKZRDR15R!1007).

The Yokomo's are super slick, much like a PVC tire. They're very hard to manage unless you've really gotten the hang of drift control. Took me a long time to get comfortable with them but they have held up extrelmely well. They haven't worn down as fast as I thought they would. The stock Sprint 2 Drift tires are a little stickier but are an excellent in-between choice, not too slick, not too sticky. These tend to be the ones I use the most as my drifting skills are still noobish and they're more forgiving if you oversteer and lose the back end. I throw the on-road's in when I just feel like doing some high-speed parking lot action or tuning my suspension setup to where I want it.

That's the nice thing about drifters, you have the option to change up how you want to drive them just by changing tires :)

With the Yokomos they are suppose to be setup so when you drift the rubber part will somewhat hit the floor to get a grip. Lemme check if I'm correct though. I know you have to run them with some camber though.

Edit: found it
Groovydrift.com said:
Camber plays a role when using Yokomo drift tires. Camber determines how much rubber contacts the ground. Ideally, you want to have the same amount of grip at all 4 wheels. That is a good starting point anyway. Once you start fine-tuning your car, you may find that having your rear camber different from the front camber is beneficial. For example, if your car understeers (and loosening your front diff would make it too loose), giving your rear wheels less camber might fix the situation. To make these adjustments, you need to adjust your turnbuckles.

Yokomo Single Ring between -1.5 and -3 degrees.
Yokomo Double Ring between -1 and -2.5 degrees.

Sorry I couldn't retype it my own way. It was just so informative.

Last edited:
Sweet deal man. Thanks for the info. I wish they would make a drift section for us.