drift esc vs regular brushless esc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChucksCity

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm doing the research and mock up for my drift car project i have chosen the tamiya tt 01 chassis but i can't decide on whether or not i need to have a drift esc I'm looking at the prices and the slyder drift esc is like 250 i would like to save 100 dollars and get a mamba or ez run system but their not drift spec esc's whats the difference?:\

Get a sidewinder or other 1/10 Castle ESC. the good thing is the programable power curve. you just have to know how you want the curve. I'm sure the drift king (Coby) can tell you what you want the curve to be

ok so i will need one with an adjustable throttle curve, can somebody get cody over here? oh and is the tt-01 a good rookie chassis for drifting

Last edited:
ok now what kv is best for drifting, but still good for a few high speed passes (if thats possible)

i don't really know if thats possible to have a drifter and speed car.

I would say it kinda is, but remember that speed and drifters have different tunings. You may feel that tuning a speed car will make it faster, but keeping those settings may make sluggish drifting.
Any ESC works fine. It also is better if you have a power curve for a better feel. The lower the kv the better, since speed isn't needed as much. 4700/5200 kv is perfect. If you feel that it's too slow, change your gearing.

The Slyder ESC is just like the GTB but is designed for drifting with more features, including brake adjustments and throttle curve adjustments.

Last edited:
Back