Drag slash, but not?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nino

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hi guys, I've seen Drag Slashes on sale recently and was wondering if there's any point in buying them for general parking lot bashing? I'm not that into drag racing and don't have anyone to race against but these things look so friggin cool 🥰

So I guess my question is... Can it turn? 😁

Change the gearing and front tires and make it a touring car. 😁 I've been thinking of the same thing.

Yeah, something along those lines... I can't seem to find a video of it just driving around.

That's because no one has thought outside the box. 😆 They do have slash 4x4 1/8 on road conversions. They use the ofna and kyosho on road bodies. That was before the drag scene though.

Our DR10 doesn't turn well. It leans like a boat. Stiffer shocks would help that, but I think it's fun just trying to get it to go in a straight line.

Yeah, something along those lines... I can't seem to find a video of it just driving around.
Its not a drag Slash, but, its a drag car. This is her DR10, and what she considers "normal" use:
I dont have any video of it, but, the drag Slash isnt as capable at just goofing off as the DR10 and Losi 22S drag truck. As for the idea of a touring car, the Slash works really well for that. Put AE SR10 or Traxxas Fiesta ST rally wheels and tires on it, and it works, just stay out of high grass or slick mud with it with those tires on it.
Our DR10 doesn't turn well. It leans like a boat. Stiffer shocks would help that, but I think it's fun just trying to get it to go in a straight line.
I wonder what the difference is then, since, all she did was run 60 front, 50 rear shock oil, and hers turns pretty decent, even with the stock servo. Actually, sometimes hers seem to turn way too quick, hence the whole, put it in the sewer drain issue LOL.

Lol. I didn't think that those things would even run in grass. That is surprising.

That's because no one has thought outside the box. 😆 They do have slash 4x4 1/8 on road conversions. They use the ofna and kyosho on road bodies. That was before the drag scene though.
I always think outside the box, or, in her words, if an idea sounds fun, such as jumping a drag car 20 feet in the air, ill be the first to try it (now if only she would let me run her DR10 at the skate park LOL). Anymore, you dont need a full on on-road conversion for an SCT, not with as many on-road and rally options that are available. Many companies make on-road bodies, and, several companies, including Traxxas, Arrma and Team Associated make on-road cars that you can easily use things like wheels and tires, shock towers, and other parts to easily make a full on on-road SCT. One of my next project ideas is to take a DR10 chassis, wheels and tires from a current on-road car, probably the 3S Arrma Infraction, and a body from McCallister Racing, and build a hybrid on-road/rally truggy.

I have a LCG 4x4 slash for offroad, just wanted to get something for asphalt duty. The leaning thing sounds attractive, I don't need it to perform but look cool as it drives around.

Lol. I didn't think that those things would even run in grass. That is surprising.
Hers is geared to run a bit slower than stock, and runs the same diff as the ProSC10 and SR10, and i think thats why it runs so easy in grass, but, the DR10 is basically a ProSC10 with SR10 parts, and drag wheels and tires, which helps, whereas, the drag Slash is bashed off the Slash, but built more for drag racing, with dedicated parts just for drag racing (locked diff for example, whereas the DR10 is an open diff), and less for off road and bashing use.
I have a LCG 4x4 slash for offroad, just wanted to get something for asphalt duty. The leaning thing sounds attractive, I don't need it to perform but look cool as it drives around.
Given that you want something for asphalt use, a DR10 would be the better option. The drag Slash doesn't work near as well for that, without a bunch of changes, especially to the rear diff. Because it has a locked diff, it doesn't like to turn much at all, and is geared more for straight line use. To run a DR10 the way you want, all you might need to do is swap to a smaller pinion, and even that might not be necessary. I've had a drag Slash, a Losi 22S drag car, and currently have 3 AE DR10's, and, of the 3, hands down, for general bashing and goofing off, the DR10 is definitely more suited to it out of the box. Disclaimer: We built the first DR10 starting with a slider chassis from eBay, and, she liked it so much, we recently bought a new one during a trip to one of the LHS we sometimes go to, just to see if there were any differences between the one we built, and an out of the box stock one. There really isnt. The third one is another eBay slider for a project I'm working on.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've seen Drag Slashes on sale recently and was wondering if there's any point in buying them for general parking lot bashing? I'm not that into drag racing and don't have anyone to race against but these things look so friggin cool 🥰

So I guess my question is... Can it turn? 😁
I have drag slash, it's an awesome car. Out of the box on 3s it goes 61mph. Higher speeds will make rear tires balloon too much. It depends what you like to do. For speed passes is awesome. It turns decent but it's not for drifting like infraction or other onroad cars

Back