Download speeds

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I have Comcast cable, normally lightning fast. All day today it's been dreadfully slow. I've sometimes waited 30 seconds or more today to get to a question on this forum.
I just downloaded the Norton virus defs and saw my download speed at only 57 Kbs.
Anyone know why it gets this slow?

I have no idea why it does that but I think that it is normal b/c most of my friends w/ cable have days where theirs is as fast as a bat out of hell and other days where it sucks as much as dial-up.

yeah for cable modem it all depends on the number of people using the cable line. I would imagine that more people would be online this weekend due to the obvious. Back in the day when cable first came out my dl speeds ran in the 1200kbs range and then it went to crap so I switched over to Bus. Class DSL which was slower but at least the speed is guar.

You need to tighten the cable.
To get the best speeds the cable needs to be as tight and striate as possible. If needed go directly from the telephone poll to the modem. Set the modem in the window and string a line as striate as possible with no kinks or sagging in the line. If this doesn't work, change the Dixy cups on ether end.

I hope this helps. Give it a shot and let us know.

Back