doesn't anyone else have a tnx??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slakkernaut

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i guess it's too new of a truck for alotta people to have or something. everyone's got a savage, or something else. i'd just like to see more of what other people have done with their tnx, or hear people talk down on them or anything. where are they?? i've seen a couple, but i guess that's not enough.

Last edited:
A guy brought one to fisk hobby farm, were I race and whooped up on everyone there. That thing was fast as hell. I think a couple of people there are going to buy one.

The maxx is the mainstream small block MT. Mostly due to advertising... From what I've seen in movies I've downloaded, the TNX is a pretty good truck. I haven't noticed a whole lot of aftermarket support for it though. (again, probably due to advertising, or it doesn't need hop'd up.)

i have one..and their really is no need for many hopups for it...the truck is extremely tuff and fast outta the box..

the only hopups i have done to mine are Proline Powerstroke Shocks and proline maxx velocity wheels w/bowtie tires...its all that was needed to make it a dominant truck at the track...the savages and revos stand no chance

did you notch the arms on the truck to make those shocks fit? i want to get those too, eventually i'll get over the cost and just buy a set.

What is the TNX, who is it made by? is it 1/8th?

I think it's tamiya. It looks kind of like the maxx but has an OS derived 18 in it. Plastic slider axles, pan style chassis, two speed trans. I don't remember if it has electric start or not. I don't think it's a 1/8 since it only has a .18 sized engine in it.

EDIT:

I guess I lied... Tamiya considers it to be 1/8. Tower TNX It is electric start and is 2 inches longer than a maxx, but looks like it's a little narrower.(according to towers dimensions.)

Last edited:
it's a cool truck, i don't know much about any others except a little about the savage since i have one of those too, but the tnx is an awesome little machine. i've had alot easier time tuning it up and working on it as apposed to the savage, everything is easily accessible. i think it's a good first nitro, even if parts aren't everywhere. at least i think, since it was my first. i like the savage too though, just havn't worked it all out yet. anyway, i reccomend it to anyone, hope to see more threads about it.....

slakkernaut said:
did you notch the arms on the truck to make those shocks fit? i want to get those too, eventually i'll get over the cost and just buy a set.
yes i did....it doesn't seem to have effected durability at all..i highly recommend the upgrade

My buddy got a tnx about 3 mounths ago.....To tell ya the truth its pretty badass!! Fast,Tuff and a easy to tune O.S. engine. I would defitnely put it on the same level as the savage..

Thanks for cluing me in Olds!

NiroGuzzler said:
I would defitnely put it on the same level as the savage..

That's a pretty bold statement. Especially for a truck that runs smaller than a 21 engine and has plastic axles.

I do have to say, looking at the shots of the chassis with a lid off, it looks like a clean well thought out rig.

That's a pretty bold statement. Especially for a truck that runs smaller than a 21 engine and has plastic axles.

Yea it is huh...lol....but thats what I think...out of the box....its tough(not as tough as a savage) and faster then a stock savage..In my eyes the savage is already tough but slow so I'd buy a bigger engine..as for the tnx its already fast so for the money I'd use on a new engine(picco or whatever) for a savage you can just buy upgrades for the tnx and make it tougher...Either way in my eyes you gatta put alittle LESS cheese in these two vehicle then most others... :shrug: :thumbup: :wasted:

:2cents:

olds97_lss said:

Using this type of logic: The Cen .46 genisus (spelling) is nearly twice the truck that a savage is.

Hmmmmmm

Mr T

Comparing brute force to brute force, your right. I was talking about the whole package. The savage is capable of having a ton of power and it's durable as all hell. The TNX, although durable, it's only a 18 chassis. The genisis has a ton of power, but from what I've read isn't all that durable. At least the first batch wasn't...

Back