Does this look like a good deal?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLT

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello folks... I'm new to the nitro RC world and have been reading alot about them the past week or so. It took me a while to decide which kind of nitro I'm after... my town is an small urban jungle with all these cool archatechural designed spaces everywhere, and not to mention the farm land around me. I was thinking buggy, but then realized a MT is more for my needs. I live in a small town in Ontario, and my LHS is fairly overpriced...$699 for a Revo 3.3... I asked about getting a Savage X ss sent in and it would be 500 he said.

Just yesterday a friend told me his dad has a Savage that he was selling so I went by to check it out today. Unfortunately his father wasn't around and he wasn't too knowledgeable about it, but this is what he could tell me about it. It's a Savage X that was bought new 2 years ago, was rebuilt at the start of this year with some performance parts and comes with a bunch of spare parts. A few roto starts, 2 shells and a small tool box of small parts and miscellaneous items. Mostly used around the street or an open football field near their house. We didn't start it because we both are not too familiar with nitro RC but he told me it runs/drives really good and to come back when his father was home if I wanted to give it a try.

I could get this truck for $300, would you guys recommend buying this? Or should I hold out and save up for a new one. Here are some pictures I took. Is that even the stock engine? Looks dirty but would clean up nice I think..

Thanks for any help I get :)

i won't buy it for 300 if i am you,and that is not the stock engine, it's axial .28 engine, that one around 130$ when new

Well it looks like it has big bore shocks new cooling head. Metal spur from the looks of it and it defiantly has a polished pipe on it. That stuff alone is a at least a few bucks in ups. yet by the looks of the air filter it looks like he did not take care if it all that well. where i am you can get that truck with the big bores and 2.4 radio for 499 plus taxes. brand new.

---------- Post added at 2:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:43 PM ----------

ahh i missed that was an axial engine!! opps

Last edited by a moderator:
so maybe if I could get this thing for 250 it would be a fair price?

Id say no way. It looks very used to me. Theres alot better looking rigs on here in the classified section for less than that all the time. Id look around for sure.

It looks like it's been run hard. Battered and bruised. Even the fuel line is off the filter, so I'm sure the carb was never cleaned out and no after run oil was added.
You don't have to buy from your hobby shop. You can buy from trusted on line dealers like Tower Hobbies.

Last edited:
Back