Does anyone know where I can get a New Era big block kit for a revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what engine do you intend on running??.
if its a .28 max jl they are a mid block and require an ofna mount to suit .

what engine do you intend on running??.
if its a .28 max jl they are a mid block and require an ofna mount to suit .
I'm gonna run the. 28 jl max but only because it's the biggest direct fit I can drop in... I'd love to get my hands on a new era bb mount do I cam run whichever bb I choose to

http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevoRBBC.htm

that is the one I use they say out of stock online not sure if they are still making them or not you could shoot them an email.

And scratch that I guess they are out of the game, I emailed them and it bounced back as a permanent failure.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Last edited:
Looks like good stuff. It's dating back from a decade ago, they may be out of business, I sent the email. With that mount can you pretty much run any bb you choose?

Yep they appear to be out of business judging by the bounced email I got from them. I have been messing around with RC's off and on since 1996 so some of my info my be a little dated. I put my stuff on the shelf for several years and am slowly getting them all running again the whole free time thing went out the window with my 5th child. :D

I've been in the hobby 3 months now... I'm about 3 grand in.. lol

Oh to only be 3 grand in I am in so deep it's not even funny, I have been working on a savage XL for prob 6 months now actually it's been sitting in pieces for about 5 on my garage table. Now spring is here and soon to be garden time, maybe by Jan. I will get it back together.

Apparently I still haven't completely learned my lesson me and wifey are slipping off for 3 days with no kids, hopefully I have fixed the problem. :thumbs-up:

I would just grab an ofna mount for now to get you running and keep hunting for a bb mount ,there are a few rc recycling joints on ebay that do tend to have this stuff.

[Thattmount"chickenman242, post: 1083476, member: 28541"]I would just grab an ofna mount for now to get you running and keep hunting for a bb mount ,there are a few rc recycling joints on ebay that do tend to have this stuff.[/QUOTE]
I ordered the ofna mount for the jl .28 max, do you know if anything else will fit that m besides that
I would just grab an ofna mount for now to get you running and keep hunting for a bb mount ,there are a few rc recycling joints on ebay that do tend to have this stuff.
I just ordered an ofna mount & a jl .28 max, you know if any other motor will fit that mount?

the only engines tat will fit that are ofna/picco mid-block engines like the p.21 and picco .26 which has been discontinued

Keep watching eBay is about your only hope. They do show up from time to time.
I'm trying to order one of big block pipe adapters for the jl .28 & I can't find them on eBay

I know the TRX BB kit will suit a.21, so a .28 with the same footprint / same size crank case should fit....

Within reason.

So what is the Traxxas bb conversion all about? Will it work for a .28?
Idk if it'll work or not but I do know that the traxxas bb kit is bump start only.. which is a deal breaker for me

Being able to use a pull start is the big reason the New Era mount is so popular. I used to make a clone of it too but since changing jobs I don't have easy access to machines to make parts like I used to. Also the demand has really dropped off from what it was when I started making parts.

The auction is back up on eBay now for the pipe adapters. Order soon though,I am not sure how much longer I am going to continue making them. I have 8 left on my desk now.