Does anyone know The Schumacher Nitro 21 XT R 3E

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshiestevens

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, does anyone know about this. Is it a buggy or MT. Can it handle large terrain and jumps like an mt.

What do you guys think

Josh

hi
the xtr21r is a truck not a buggy or a mt its doing 70mph
so bee carefull if you drive terrain and jumps with it
the car is a 2wd if you want a 4wd like a menace its nearly the same only nicer,but drive carefully and bring a big wallet for somthing will crush :preachin:

here you can read about the car http://www.racing-cars.com/xtdesertstormR3e.asp

I just got an XTR 3 speed. I think it is great..No problems running. Very powerful motor. I have not gotten it out of 2nd gear yet. Need more room. The Menace is great also but $$$$$. I got my XTR used...saved big bucks. Good lucl

i just got my menace 21 in may and it is very fast i switched to road rage proline tires and they balloon so much i cannot get any faster than 2nd gear but i have also heard the xtr doing some serious weelie action but it does not go as fast as the menace but is easier to maintain i have heard

Actually the motors are very similar 70 plus miles....I have yet to get it out of 2nd....Enjoy...cheers

The motors are exactly the same (TTR Pro21R). It's also used in the fusion21, which I had. I think, I may be wrong but not by much, the gearing is a little bit different for the XTR becuase it is a 2wd. One thing bad about these cars is that the shift points are fixed. First and second Come very quickly but to get into third you have to really wind her out. By the time you hit third and are close to full speed, you've eaten up the better part of a football field!

I have only hit third gear on a closed road and she was a dot on the asphalt by the time top speed was reached. By then she skidded to a stop and was off in the gravel because my failsafe kicked in. I was out of range.

As an option, I went with the high acceleration pinion option. The top speed was reduced to just about 60+ but the instant throttle response was great! It wreaked havoc on my foams though. I sent through 3 sets when I raced her n the track.

The one thing about the stock pinion is the holeshot. Alone, she was fast but I had a chance to put her up against my brothers NTC3 with an RB V12 3port with 21/27 pinion and 54/48 spurs. The NTC3 out accelerated it everytime. Of course the fusion had a faster top end and would beat it in a long enough stretch but on a short track, she was eaten up every single time. She would've done well on a large track with large sweeping turns.

Up against Team17's MTX-3, it was no contest. Against a top end touring car, she could not hold up on a track. That large 21 engine made the handling horrible! She pitched and rolled like a tub boat on the open ocean. At best, it was a basher not a racer.

The XTR is a wheelie freak! I saw one in action and the guy couldn't keep the front wheels down. The menace is a complete brute as well. These cars were made to "man handle" what ever surface it's placed on.

Back