does anyone know any ways to make a good ramp for my rc car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08hawkeso

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi all, does anyone have any bright ideas on how to make a good ramp for a nitro rc buggy as i have tried to make some good ones and they are too steep and just flip my buggy over or not steep enough.

thankyou:)

Last edited:
You gotta have transition like a skate kicker ramp. Search the web for skate ramp plans. Find one that looks like what you want. Done.

Or head over to your favorite "mega buy anything you want here" store and pick up one of the plastic launch ramps they sell skateboards.

umm what type ramp are you looking for. straight up kicker ramp or long low profile ramps? the cheap walmart skateboard ramps work good for the straight up kicker ramps but as for the other one good ole dirt works just fine.

The mega store plastic skate ramps make great launching points for your RC. Get two and set them side by side if you have trouble hitting them.

have you got any ideas for home made ones

where from

take a trip to like lowes or homedepo and get yourself a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 inch flooring. lay the sheet down so its wider( the 8 foot way) and just find something to prob it up on you could move it so you can get the kind of job your looking for. 1/4 inch works good cause its thin enough for the truck to get right up onto and it bends just enough to get a really good launch not to mention it 8 feet wide. how could ya miss that.

Last edited:
hi all, does anyone have any bright ideas on how to make a good ramp for a nitro rc buggy as i have tried to make some good ones and they are too steep and just flip my buggy over or not steep enough.

thankyou:)
you could just get a cardboard box and cut it in half diagonally. I use a thin wood board propped up on a cinder block because my truck is too big

A spine type ramp works best for RC. Then you can hit it in both directions. At least 3' wide is best as it can be hard to hit when at speed when it's too narrow. Nearly hitting a ramp 15 times in a row gets pretty annoying, pretty fast.

http://www.diyskate.com/spine_01.html

Those plans minus the "coping" pipe would probably work well for RC big air jumps. The coping pipe is more for skateboards/bmx use. I find that jumps with that at the top tends to kick the rear of the truck up anyway. Having a 1" or so flat beam at the top helps the truck leave the jump naturally vs being kicked up. 1/4" thickness of plywood at the face of the jump is best for RC as well. Too thick of material causes the truck to hit the ramp badly and really disturb the suspension.

This would work well too:
http://www.diyskate.com/launch_01.html

Make a couple, then you can either have them side by side for a wide jump, or make them 3' wide, then butt them up against each other to have a spine type jump that is a bit more portable.

Either way, the curve in the face of the jump is very important as it allows the suspension on the truck to load up properly. A flat face ramp doesn't let the truck transition well as it travels up and leaves the jump. A slight curve allows for longer distance, an aggressive curve gives you more height. Some curve is necessary either way to work well with RC.

The wider you can deal with moving around/transporting, the better. I found that 2' or less was just irritating to hit consistantly at any real speed. 3' is pretty good.

Back