Does anyone have any experience with this boat?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy99

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey bro... Great to see ya finally made it over here... lol
Andy is a good friend of mine, so help him out guys..
:cheers:

I've had some boating experience, not much, but enough to know that if you run nitro.....ya' better have a way to get it when it quits running....lol......

We used some little electric jobs, Reef racers I think they were called, to push the nitros in when something happened to them.

The Nitro Vee I have run a little, several years back, wasn't really impressed with it. The Nitro hammer would be my pick if I were to buy one. Friend of mine has one and it's a nice setup in my opinion. The engine pushes it really well and I like the look better than the Nitro Vee......Check Tower for the Nitro Hammer..............

Good luck and welcome to the boards bud!!

-Nitro

Well Andy since you are a good friend of ImBroken's I suppose I could help you out.

Nitro Boats CAN be a pain in the butt and the Pro .15 isnt known for its easy tunning, I would suggest Gas or Electric, And the Traxxas Villain seems to be a popular boat my LHS sells quite a few during the summer. And you can't beat the price.

Good Luck.

Here's a few reviews I came across regarding the Traxxas Villian V RTR..

When I bought this boat the only experience i'd had with RC boats was a generic p.o.s single electric deep v that was very slow, so imagine my delight when this monster took off with very little preperation. The only thing i'v needed to upgrade was the piping for the water cooling on the monster twin Traxxus Titan 550 motors and EVX marine E.S.C., as well as the new battery packs (2 Sakura 7.2V 3000 MAH NiMh)

I got my villian in the middle of the summer. when i got it it was completely ready to race. I had it on the lake in less than an hour. All you have to do is put on decals and add batteries. it is a fast boat and gets on pland verey easily. it goes about 25 stock. it went so fast that i hit a wave and flipped over. i used my other boat to retrieve it. when i got it there was no water in the boat and i started driving again. i can't wait to put upgrades on it. i believe traxxas did a great job w/ it.

Sounds like it could come alive with only a few modifications... I'll keep looking around..

You could always get the "Kings Ransom" RTR Pirate ship... :)

http://www.hobbico.com/prelease369/hires/aqub58xx.jpg

Last edited:
Back