Do you keep the original boxes?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So what do you do with the original box your rig came in? I have been keeping my rigs in the box (along with the extra parts) and putting the on shelves in the garage to keep dust/dirt off of them. Now I'm out of room to store them. Is there any advantage to keeping the boxes?

I like to keep the original kit box just to store the manual and misc bits not used like decal sheet, etc... I typically keep those items for resale later to make my car sell faster and demonstrate that it's been kept in clean working order.

I store them for a while just in case there is a warranty issue. Living far from any hobby store, I would probably have to ship the car back if there were any issues.

I have a stampede xl5, stampede vxl, bandit vxl, and a axial scx10 ii box. Wish I kept the nitro sport box. I also have an HPI e10 Vaughn Gitten Jr monster edition. Sold the car in 2011, kept the drift wheels and body. The Traxxas box are full of bodies or patts.

I keep the boxes until I don't need them anymore or if I do. I kept my rustler box for a while for display then I used it as a parts box, then I cut it up and used some of the box panels as mini ramps for the mini b. I still have my Associated buggy kit box on display at my workbench. I also kept my SkyRC charger box and my Radiolink box and a few Hobbywing combo boxes. Idk why I keep them tho.
I'm a box collector! ;):D

Don't keep boxes, don't have the space. My Element crawlers have cool boxes that have a display printed inside, each one has a different garage. Nice for displaying but I still don't have room for them.

Don't keep boxes, don't have the space. My Element crawlers have cool boxes that have a display printed inside, each one has a different garage. Nice for displaying but I still don't have room for them.
That's what happening to me. No more room.
I don't sell anything so I guess it's time to get rid of some boxes.

Back