discussion about losi's rumored replacement for the XXL/LST platform

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
As many of you know I have been building a brushless lst2. Over the past few months I have seen the available parts for this platform dwindle significantly. I contacted 3 ebay sellers about their inventory, as I was buying multiples of the same part to have on hand. 2 of the 3 were down to the last of their stock on items. I got the last of the shock towers from one buyer, and the last of the hinge pins from another. When I asked if they were going to carry more stock they said that it was all unavailable now, and that losi was rumored to be replacing the lst/xxl product line with something new.

At this point I haven't been able to locate any hard evidence saying this, but the xxl platform is 4 years old and all the parts are going on back order. Something has to be going on here. Losi had stated the xxl would be back in stock in November, that month has almost come and gone. I havent emailed or called losi yet, in fact I'm going to try doing that after I post this. If I find out anything ill add to this.

I just got off the phone with losi, the tech was being careful with what he said, but said the xxl is not being replaced, and if something new is coming out to watch the team losi website. he said the back order of xxl should be filled but could give me no estimated date, or any detailed information at all.

Just so no one is mistaken i say this again there is no proof something new is coming...

Last edited:
I've been wonderign about this....I hope they dont discontinue them in favor of something new....I've almsot got both of mine the way I want them!! O_O

I'm all for a new rig, but they still need to make replacement parts for there old stock.

I agree about the old stock parts, either way I just stocked up on everything only things i dont have more than 2 replacements are the tranny, and diffs. I only have 2 trannies and 4 diffs total. Also need to get a few thrust bearing parts. other than that I think I'm pretty well stocked up.

I hope that the back order on these parts is just a customs issue or something.

Back