Differnt greases for differentials??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When i rebuild a diff could i use Lithium grease, High temp, Wheel bearing grease, All purpose grease in them bevause i have a shiz load of tubes and jars of various greases in my garage for working on cars but would they work in diffs or would it be too thick compared to the silicone grease i use I'm just dont like goin and buyin these lil squeeze tubes for like 3-4 bux at my LHS when i have all kinds of grease in my garage that i may beable to use

I used this Mobil 1 poop here they got at work. It is not real thick but not real thin either and it is dark green. So far it has worked nicely. I would say if it isnt real thin or should I say liquidty. Thats just my 2 cents Dom.

I can't vouch for lithium grease but we're using silicone because it's mostly harmless to just about anything.

Should you even use the word harmless, lol. :p: poop I didnt even think it was in your vocab.

I use synthetic bearing grease in my diffs and on my RRP trans gears. Seems to be holding up fine. Other than having grease ooze out of my diffs after building them, there's no problems.

I just checked and the gears in the diff with a maximizer cup look like new after a gallons worth of running.

well i figured id give it a try so i just finished greasing the diffs they seem smother than they were b4 ill have to see how they work once i get my new bulks in the mail sometime in the next few days

Back