differentials switched??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey Guys I need some help, before I take my truck all apart again. I just finished doing the .21 chassis upgrade and after finishing, i put the truck down on the floor to roll. It won't move! Basically, the tires spin freely when in the air. I noticed that if I roll the front tires forward, as if in motion, the rear tires roll backwards, as if in reverse. Could this be a result of me possibly switching the front differential to the rear?? This is the only thing that I can think of. The transmission spins freely, and has no binding issues. I would appreciate any help! Please help SkyMaxx!

Woody

thats sounds like you very well could have mixed up the diff's thats also the onlt thing i could thing off that would cause that

Your problem is in your diffs. If your fronts are rolling they way they should and your rear is moving the opposite then take the rear diff out and turn it the other way. I had this problem when I had mine apart. Some how the coupling that slides on got turned and i put the diff in wrong. The diffs should be facing the same way.

All you have to do is switch the culprit diff upside down and then it will work. ALWAYS CHECK THE DIFFS before you put them in the truck.

Damn, after another few hours of wrneching on the truck it's fixed. I did'nt get a chance to read the responses before I started working on it. The time difference between me and you is a pain. But, yeah I did have the differential turned upside down or something. Got it all put back together, and wah lah its running right! Thanks guys for all your help! Much appreciation!

Woody:thankyou: