Differential / Drivetrain Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnstalum

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was removing my front wheel this afternoon and had a hard time getting the nut off as the shaft was spinning as I was turning it... I finally had to use a pair of needle nose to hold the shaft. Could this mean my front diff is worn out... or some other issue? as the shaft was turning, it was "clicking". This was happening even as I was holding the other wheel.

the clicking is not good

I rechecked everything.... when tighten the wheel nut on 3 of the four wheels, the doggone/shaft does not move and I can easily tighten or loosen the wheel nut. On the fourth wheel (front right), when I try to tightness or loosen the wheel nut, the doggone/shaft is not locked... it rotates as I turn the nut. I have to hold it with pliers so I can tighten the wheel nut. It does not really click... but seems to grab - release - grab - release -etc. Just trying to find out if this is normal, or what the issue could be so I can target an area to take apart.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

there a pin behind the wheel hex sounds like its missing

Well, it took awhile to figure out the culprit... but it turned out to be the actual wheel hub, the center broke clean and there was nothing for the lug to hang on to. Noticed it when I had two wheels sitting next to each other and the hole in one was bigger than the other :\. I'm currently running the old 14mm hex, so maybe this was my sign to upgrade to new 17mm hex wheels. Any opinions on beadlock rims?

Thanks for the feedback, got me looking in the wright direction.

Back