Did you see the UFC fight or did you miss it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Did anyone see this fight or did you miss it? Easily missed as commercial breaks tend to be about twice as long as the fight itself was.

I'm not a huge UFC fight by no means and don't keep up with the sport but I do like to watch a good fight when I can. But I don't see how this fight did any good for FOX or the sport.

People sat around the TV for an hour to listen to all the hype and chit chat, for a fight that only lasts 64 seconds. I don't see any of the two parties coming out winners in this one.

I guess Dana White was justified in being totally stressed out leading up to the fight. A fight that short was the worse case scenario in his mind.

I would not of been happy paying to watch a fight like that. I could go to some party and get a couple people fighting and get a longer fight than that unless I pick the wrong 2 people and then its quicker but atleast I wouldnt be paying for it!! l.o.l.. 64 secounds thats crazy!!

It actually happens a lot in all forms of MMA, not just the UFC. That's one of the things that makes it so fun to watch, you never know what will happen. That being said, I've been burnt paying $65 for a pay per view (we always group up and chip in these days, learned the hard way) on the basis of the one big main event, and then it sucked......Silva vs. Maia anyone? I agree on all the lead in commentary before the fight, but if you rent a PPV, they have that crap on all day long leading up to it, so a half hour doesn't seem like much to me.

I've watched two other PPV events, the fight with Brock and the fight with Kimbo - both short lived and not worth the cost of admission by far. Luckily this last fight was free.

Never was interested in the UFC and don't really watch.

I dont watch any of it much. All I know is Id hate to be cornered by one of these guys!

I dont watch every fight but I have seen some crazy people get put to sleep, makes my gut drop lol and woozy lol

I missed it.I heard it was quick. I'm a huge UFC fan. My wife bought me tickets to see a fight in Moline IL 2 weeks ago. Tim Sylvia was there. What a dbag and he was a turd to watch fight. Andre Arlovski is huge and knocked a guy out with 1 sec to go. I have Ben Henderson's autograph and a pic with him. He was so cool to talk to and seems like a real down to earth guy. If you guys get a chance to watch him fight its well worth it.

I guess this was one of those blink and you miss it fights.

I didnt get to see it. I watch UFC pretty regularly. The good thing about it I think is your not just watching for one fight or paying for one fight. There is always about 8 fights on a card. So usually there is at least 2 or 3 good fights.

I dont watch UFC anymore since Dana White took it over. He put too many rules in it for my taste. I remember when they didn't have weight classes or 5 minute rounds or gloves and mouth pieces. They just put two guys in the octogon and let them go at it! Some fights lasted as long as 40 minutes

Yep thats what I was talking about. Whoever's name they drew that's who they fought. Wether it was a judo guy against a boxer or a 190 pounder against a 300 pounder. No time limits or gloves or mouth pieces. Just two guys standing toe to toe and they fought till one of them was left standing. That's ultimate fighting!

I remember seeing this one guy with boxing shoes and one glove lol wtf. He got taken to the ground and he tapped cause he was pissed. Then in ufc 1 there was a kickboxer against a sumo wrestler. The sumo guy went for him he jot juked and fell down then got kicked in the face while he was on the ground. As you said no rules... The only rules they had were no groin shots, eye gouging or biting. Thats it!

That's why it was outlawed in a lot countries and states here in the US it was deemed too violent. Dana White took it over and impleminted the rules of boxing to it. I think he ruined it imho. The older way was much more like real street fighting. Now they stop a fight if a guy gets a little cut above his eye. I remember when Royce Gracie broke some guys elbow joint because he refused to tap out!

Back